Breast Cancer Comfortghan FINISHED PICS POST 122

shana0923

How did I miss this one? hmmm...

okay.. let me check my stash and I'll get back to you when I need an address!

:heart

:mug

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
teakaycee- Thanks so much!! Let me know if you want to help i still need like 4 or 5 more squares.

yes... I have one done and looking for more pink to make another... I would like to be able to send you at least 2... :hook

Heehee if anyone clicks on that and you see the pic of my son in the dog crate, rest assured he did that himself, I do not lock my child in a cage. he just got mad cuz he got in there and couldn't get out. it was really funny.

Ok ladies here is the progress so far. i think it is looking very pretty!!

th_BertiesComfortghan018.jpg

Looks great so far!

Heehee if anyone clicks on that and you see the pic of my son in the dog crate, rest assured he did that himself, I do not lock my child in a cage. he just got mad cuz he got in there and couldn't get out. it was really funny.

:laughroll A picture for his future girlfriends.

nanmyers and dobermama- I got the squares both of you sent and they are beautiful. Sorry it is taking me so long to get it all the way done. I had to jump in with a baby blanket real quick but I am still working on this. I had to get more white yarn too but it is coming along beautifully. My photobucket links are broken cuz I was trying to organize my pics on there but I will get all that fixed asap. i can't believe so many people helped. I think it is awesome.

Ok here are the pics from the ghan

me

th_BertiesComfortghan015.jpg

granny2kraftz

th_BertiesComfortghan014.jpg

charlene

th_BertiesComfortghan013.jpg

ctawq

th_BertiesComfortghan012.jpg

snapdragon928

th_BertiesComfortghan011.jpg

joBug

th_BertiesComfortghan010.jpg

jessicagil

th_BertiesComfortghan009.jpg

jammerholly

th_BertiesComfortghan008.jpg

emeraldjayne

th_BertiesComfortghan007.jpg

grandmum6

th_BertiesComfortghan006.jpg

carol (the lady who taught me to crochet)

th_BertiesComfortghan005.jpg

mainelycrafty

th_BertiesComfortghan004.jpg

stacy

th_BertiesComfortghan003.jpg

smith

th_BertiesComfortghan002.jpg

kellied

th_BertiesComfortghan001.jpg

here is the ghan so far, I have to charge my camera before I can take more pics

th_BertiesComfortghan019.jpg

teakaycee- I got your square today and it is awesome. You package things up so nice and professionally. well done my friend! By the way, I read your blog all the time and love it!

Oh good..........I'm glad it made it!

you are so sweet.......... thank you for the compliments!!! :hug

:yayIt is DONE!!:yay and I found my camera charger. I have it plugged in now and as soon as it gets enough charge to take a pic I will take one and post it. I appreciate all the help I had on this and I know she is going to love it.

:cheer:cheer:yay:yayHere it is. What do you all think and I am putting a photo of the square I did with Aunt Deb's name in it. It isn't perfect cuz it is the first time I have ever embroidered or added anything on top of crochet and it just came from eyeballing it.:blush

By the way that is a king size bed. The ghan measures 5 ft 2in x 5ft 2in

heehee she couldn't hold it up for pictures because it is longer than she is tall. She is only 4'11". She cried and loved it so much and said to tell all of you ladies that you have no idea how much this means to her. She said she can't wait to show it to all of the other sisters. i said well, yours is one of a kind though. I might try to make a pillow for each of them or something. Not sure yet. Thanks again ladies!!

:yay you did a great :cheer job putting the ghan together Shana. Deb looks super :U:dancehappy with her ghan. I'm glad I had a chance to help bring a little joy into someone's life.

Andrea :manyheart

Her name is Bertie but Deb is the name of her sister that passed away from Breast Cancer. The ghan is in memory of her because my mil is the oldest and Deb was the baby and there was so many of them all of the older ones helped take care of at least one little one and Deb was her "baby" so they were extremely close.

Just letting you know. :)

Archived