Care Package Donations & ISO Pattern Ideas

sheryl*

:)A dear friend of mine (Lisa) has asked me if I would like to help her make crafts for her church bazarre and thought since I had alot of talent (ya right, lol) in crocheting she has invited me to join. Well I've been looking for ideas and haven't come across anything just yet. If you have any ideas could you please let me know.

Also my friend (Lisa) is going to be getting a care package from me in the spring time (hopefully with in a couple months). She wishes she could crochet but just can't make it work. I had made her a comfort ghan in the past with your help, but wasn't able to get some pictures. This time I'll be updating my blog with the pictures of what I have made for her sofar. It will include a lap ghan with squares I have already made up. What I am shyfully asking is that if anyone would like to help out please pm me. I'd love to make this care package a wonderful surprise. She is a very special person who has been thru alot of health issues when she is only 38 years old. That's too young for anyone. :(

What I am making now is....a Lattice Rose doily from "Crochet" magazine. (it was a true bugger to get started, lol)

...a navy blue scarf (half way done))

.... a purple and black scarf (finished, made w/ self striping yarn)

...my rainbow teddy bear :(, it will have a better home with her:)

What I am planning on making soon....

Dish cloths

face scrubbies

wire necklace

tea towels

coasters

book markers

trinket bags

(my list will probably grow)

I want to make her day, she just loves what all can be made with yarn.

I would love to make another crocheted Rosary. It's been years, but I remember when it came to the cross, I just couldn't make it turn out nice. If anyone would like to donate one or how ever many it would be truely appreciated. She is a very religoius person so if there is anything of inspiration you would like to share with her, please do. :)

When it is time for me to mail or deliver her package, I want to give her the opportunity for her to thank you. So please leave a tag with your info on it.

I know this is alittle bit early but I thought some people may be busy and wanted to give a good notice on this care package. :hug

Thank you all for reading my post.

I was hoping to find some patterns to use as bazarre items. Has anyone seen any? I have a picture of the lap ghan I've been working on. I'll have them posted soon if anyone is interested. I also made a valentine basket. I was in spired by another members basket made. I don't really do much crocheting without a pattern, but it still turned out nicely. I'll be filling that up with flavored teas.

:O) Have a good day!

I saw the qutest pattern on lionbrand.com It was a little envelope with a tiny heart to seal it. You could do lots with that. There is a tee-bag pattern that you use to put golf tees into then when it is folded it looks like a tea bag. I made that one but I can't find the pattern. I am sure if you google it, you can find it. Good luck.

:)I want to thank you for sharing the idea of little enveloe bags. They sound so sweet to make.

I have a date for the care package I'm working on for my friend/ aka crocheter wanna be, lol. I'd like to have the package delivered the first week of April. I'll be delivering it to her personally. That way I can get some pictures, see her expression and that way I won't have to deal with postage. It's going to be a huge package...hopefully.

I do however have a few pictures taken of what I've made sofar. :)I still have a list of what I'd like to add. Please let me know how they look especially the comfortghan.

Comfortghan :)

hot pad :)

scarf #1 :)

scarf#2 :)

The comfortghan is just about done. :yayI've got about 3 or 4 more rows left. Please ladies, help me with this. Even the tiniest contribution would be appreciated. She loves how crochet looks and wishes she could crochet. Please this care package is for her....not at all for me. I just want to show her how much I care and to give her a happy day for a change.

Thank you everyone!!:hug

• 1 month later...

:)I wanted to share what I have been up to with my Care Package for my loving best friend. With all the crocheting I've been doing I only have a couple picture to share for now.

I have come across a couple helpers that I have to try to get in contact with them again, I know one is from the 'Ville, I hope she is able to pm me for more info. Any and all help is whole heartedly appreciated. :hug:manyheart

Anyway, this is what I have made...

Teddy Bears I have about 6 others waiting to be sewn. The bear is called "The Secret Keeper Bear", if I remember right. I want to make Lisa a few and I'll be donating some to the Bazaar.

Rosary These are for Lisa. As soon as I find out what I did with my other beads, lol, I'll be making more for the Bazaar. Maybe make a different pouch though.

I have also made her some face clothes and gift set of face scrubbies (not sure if I had mentioned that yet) but I still need to get pictures.

I hope you enjoyed looking at these. :hug

Archived