Neck Warmer

embee

I finished up a neck warmer and am working on another. My camera is busted, so no pic, but here's the pattern:

http://www.woolcrafting.com/polo-neckwarmer-pattern.html

Mine is made with baby yarn, two strands together, 1 white, 1 yellow... that's what I found in leftover stash. I decided to put buttons and buttonholes on mine so it could be opened at the throat, and I wouldn't have to pull it on over my head. With long hair worn up, pulling things off and on usually means remaking my updo! ;)

This neck warmer is amazing when I can feel a bit of draft. It stays put so nicely!

Hi there Embee:

I checked out the pattern and its great looking will have to give it a try.

Can you tell me how you made the button holes... I like the button down idea...

thanks

hugs

Lillibet

Everytime I google "neck warmers", I go to that site!! I've been looking at that pattern for some time now, but the idea of having to put if over my head, I don't like, as I wear my hair in a pony tail and like you said, having to do the hair thing over again, not my cup of tea!! :lol I'm also curious to know how you did the buttonholes, because I had thought of that or snaps.......:think

Buttonholes.... :)

On my second shot at this I realized it would be better to do the buttonholes at the start rather than at the end, so I could frog or increase the fit without reworking buttonholes!

When I started the piece, I did two rows of single crochet. Then I figured out where I wanted buttonholes. On my third sc row I made buttonholes like this:

3sc, ch2, skip 2 stitches, 3sc, ch2, skip 2 stitches.... etc. for my buttonholes.

Then on the way back down the other direction (my first "increase-stitch-size row") I would make a stitch in each of those chains, so I ended up with the right number of stitches.

Then I continued working even, as the pattern said. When the piece was enough to go comfy around my neck, with some overlap (it was actually "underlap") for buttons, I stopped.

Does that help?

Archived