A Cactus

eebrs

My husband went to a school camp last week. While there, one of his students landed in a cactus and earned himself the name Cactus Butt or CB for short. The young man was really good natured about it and apparently gets a kick out of his new nickname. To rub in his misfortune even more, my husband commissioned me to make him a crocheted cactus. I told Hubby he owed me a skein of yarn in return for my services. He even willingly went to Hobby Lobby with me.

th_DSCF8914.jpg

The free pattern can be found

here.

Great job! :lol Too funny:lol

I had to get a good laugh out of it it reminded me of my dh when we came to az for a visit the first time and we stopped in the desert and I told him that dont get too close to them cactus they will getcha you.:lol so of course you know what happened!:lol

I've copied the pattern too.

Great story, adorable cactus

and super photo too.

:hook:photo:tup

What size hook did you use?

How long did it take to crochet?

How would you rate the pattern .... easy, med. hard or for advanced crocheters only?

• 4 weeks later...

Oh yeah, very creative, interesting and cool pattern. Best of all with this cactus, you don't need to water it although cacti don't require much water. :lol

Anyway, very nice job!

Love the story :) Great job on the cactus. I like how you didn't use the standard green you see so often with crocheted cacti. I like the toned down muted green instead. More realistic in my mind.

Archived