Kalliopeia

Hi from Kentucky

Hello. I'm Shannon. I haven't been crocheting for very long; I started right after Thanksgiving of last year.

I'd have been doing it for a lot longer, but I'm left handed. In sixth grade (over 25 years ago), I joined a crochet club at school, learned how to chain, and then no one had any clue how to tell me to do anything else. I made lovely chains, while everyone else was making granny squares. :lol Fast forward a couple of decades or so, and I for some reason decided to try again. I bought a little kit at Barnes & Noble, that had instructions and hooks, patterns and a little yarn. I fussed with it for awhile and gave up again, and then a few months ago got annoyed that I couldn't figure it out and fought with it until I did. :)

Looking forward to poking around. :)

Grew up in Louisville (near Bardstown Road & Eastern Pkwy) but now I live in Columbia, MO. Still get back there about twice a year.

Welcome!!!

Hello. I'm Shannon. I haven't been crocheting for very long; I started right after Thanksgiving of last year.

I'd have been doing it for a lot longer, but I'm left handed. In sixth grade (over 25 years ago), I joined a crochet club at school, learned how to chain, and then no one had any clue how to tell me to do anything else. I made lovely chains, while everyone else was making granny squares. :lol Fast forward a couple of decades or so, and I for some reason decided to try again. I bought a little kit at Barnes & Noble, that had instructions and hooks, patterns and a little yarn. I fussed with it for awhile and gave up again, and then a few months ago got annoyed that I couldn't figure it out and fought with it until I did. :)

Looking forward to poking around. :)

welcome from Michigan my fiance's cousin and his wife and kids live in Louisville, Ky :lol hey I learned how to make a crochet hook case from a child's crochet book plus I learned about granny squares from there

A warm welcome Shannon!! Enjoy!!!

:heart...a joyful welcome to you...from Maggie in Stoneboro, PA !!! :heart

:welcome to the Ville! I have been crocheting more years than I can remember :lol and I still am learning. When a new to me technique comes up, I go to this youtube site http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=FFF15236A0B97605&page=1. It also has instructions for lefties. And it's so nice to see someone else learning this wonderful craft to pass it forward! :hook

Howdy from Oklahoma Shannon

Welcome to Crochetville

I grew up in Louisville! I lived in Shively! I sure miss KY!!!! Glad to see you on here. This is a great site and the ladies here are so helpful! I am a lefty as well. My mom tried to teach me when I was about 10 but couldn't get it! I learned when I was 27!!

Hello & Welcome from Elizabethtown, KY! Hope you enjoy this site as much as I do. You'll learn so much! I have only been crocheting around a year and was very frustrated when I started as well. But, like you I just fought with it until I figured it out. Good luck to you and have fun!!

from SW Missouri

Glad to have you with us. I have certainly met some really nice people here. and enjoy reading through the new post.

Hello and welcome!!!

I'm also in Kentucky. About 4 hours from you. LOL I'm in Eastern Kentucky.

Lynn

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. :) Good to see some fellow (and former) Kentuckians here! Sometimes it seems like everyone I know knits, but no one else crochets.

Glad to hear you stuck to it! You'll learn a lot here on Crochetville. If you need help, there are plenty of people willing to help you.

Oh and I'm in Northern KY.

Welcome to Crochetville.

Donna