Ginger's Hat

Yarnluver

I wanted to send a gift for an online friend to whom I owed one so I thought I should crochet something for her. At first I had a shawl with a certain yarn I have in mind but when I asked for her favorite colors and she said "red and yellow" that was out for me because I had very little of either in my stash and couldn't go buy more; besides, the pattern I had in mind would've worked up pretty fast and I would've needed another one, soooo I settled for a hat which I designed myself (see pattern here) so I could use both colors.

Here it is as I originally stitched it, with a shell border that gave it a "flared" shape.

th_GingersHatBorder2.jpg

After my daughter tried it on I decided it looked great on her but maybe would not be so appropriate for my friend, so I changed the border to this one.

th_GingersHat.jpg

th_AlternateBorder.jpg

I used RHSS in "Cherry Red" (shade looks different in real life...) and made a triple stripe in sc using "Pale Yellow" and "Maize" in the middle. NOT my favorite combo of colors but since these are hers I hope she'll like it!

Archived