TENTATIVE Crochetville Retreat June 18-21, 2009

Amy

Would you be able to attend this retreat?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be able to attend this retreat?

• Yes
    • No

Well, I was unable to find a location in Nashville with enough meeting space that we could afford. However, I've been able to find a place here in Huntsville, AL.

If I can get a firm commitment from at least 30 people to attend, we can make this happen! Here is how it would work:

Hotel Room Cost: approximately $100 per night, including tax

Suite with 2 double beds and sleeper sofa; can sleep up to 6 people; refrigerator and microwave in room

Rental Car: Hotel offers free shuttle to and from airport; restaurants in easy walking distance (next door and across street); car would not be absolutely necessary; convenience store with mini-grocery just across street

Meals: breakfast included in hotel room cost; snacks/drinks provided throughout the day on Thursday, Friday, Saturday; all other meals on your own; list of nearby restaurants below

Retreat Cost: $105

Events at retreat: Sit and Stitch in main meeting room; optional 3-hour classes at $30 each; Fastest Crocheter Contest; Fashion Show; Optional Gift Exchange; Optional Stash Bash (trade or sell your unwanted stash); some sort of opportunity to crochet for charity; door prizes; goodie bags (if we can get donations)

Nearby Restaurants within Walking Distance:

Denny's, Cici's Pizza, Chili's, Newks, Papa Gyros, Chick-Fil-A, Captain D's, TGIF, Casa Blanca Mexican

Nearby Craft Stores:

Hobby Lobby, .75 mile, could walk if you wanted

Wal-Mart and Michael's another .5-.75 mile down the street

I would love to go to this. Nashville was doable from Indy - I could drive - only 5 hours. I don't think I could drive to Alabama by myself and the flights are way to expensive for me. I'll have to sit this one out.

I would love to go to this. Nashville was doable from Indy - I could drive - only 5 hours. I don't think I could drive to Alabama by myself and the flights are way to expensive for me. I'll have to sit this one out.

Huntsville's only another 90 minutes down the road!

I made this thread a poll so I could easily keep track of those who would be able to come. However, it wouldn't let me create a poll with only one option: YES.

There's no need to submit a NO vote, although you certainly can if you wish!

Would love to attend, but the air fare would be too much.

St. Louis would be about a 6.5 hour drive if you don't hit any major traffic problems.

I would love to, but it would be close to 8 hr drive for me. No way I could do it with the cost of airfare.

Would it make a difference if I picked you up on the way from Cleveland? We could share the driving and gas and maybe a room.

I would love to go to one of these, but I live in Colorado and the airfares are horrible.

I lost my job on the 1st and I could only go somewhere if it was close.:(

I would sure love to go to one of these, but my daughter is getting married on June 7th and I am taking off work for over a week for the wedding and my family coming in from California. So, I couldn't take off more time for this, pluse the expense. But, maybe next year, when I don't have other plans.

I have to agree that this is going to be difficult for the majority of people to be able to handle, with the economy and employment situation being what it is today.

Since there are a number of people interested, could we make this more of a state or regional thing? Maybe a one day event?

I know people post introductions and where they are from, but those posts are scattered everywhere. Could we have a forum for each state? People could find other locals easier that way, and could plan get-togethers or what have you without getting lost in the massive posts in the main forums.

I know I'd love to get together with other folks in my area and would make an effort to make a short trip that didn't include overnight travel.

Oh I so wish I could do this, thats very cose to my birthday and would be an awesome present....but...its also the weekend after my oldest son graduates high school and my mom and great grandmother will be here visiting from California. I hope you get the amount of people you need. HAVE FUN! :)

Looks like this retreat is probably going to be a no-go for 2009. I'd have to have at least 30 people attend for these prices to work and Crochetville not get stuck paying huge fees to the hotel.

Sorry, everyone! :cry

• 2 weeks later...

I like the state/regional thing too. I would love to go to one of these but with a 24/48 work schedule its so much easier to go local and we can get just about anywhere in Ohio in under 4 hours.

Sorry Amy! I think it would've been a blast!

:hookColleen

If anybody wants to plan a more localized get-together, you're welcome to do so. You can even post about your events in the Crochet Happenings and Events folder.

Since the events won't be "officially" sponsored Crochetville events, we would need to request that they be free for all to attend. (If you wanted to charge for your event and use the Crochetville name, you'd need to contact us for permission, due to trademark issues. :))

Since we've decided not to plan a retreat for this year due to the current economic conditions, I'm going to close this thread.

If we think about planning one for 2010, I'll open a new thread.

Archived