Cute Valentine's Heart

I whipped this up yesterday as a Valentine to stick inside my husband's lunchbag. We don't do a lot to celebrate V-Day. It's too commercialized for our taste. So, I thought a little homemade gift would be cute. This pattern hasn't been tested, but it works up in about an hour if you want to try it out.

post-20809-13589773551_thumb.jpg

Cute Valentine's Heart

Skill Level: Beginner

Yarn: Worsted Weight & size 10 cotton

Hook Size: H & steel hook size 5 (1.9mm)

Gauge: unimportant (mine turned out to be about 3 inches)

Special Stitch- PICOT: ch 4, sl st in 3rd ch from hk

Heart:

With worsted weight yarn and size H hook,

Round 1: Make a ring. In ring, work: ch 1, 4 sc, 2 hdc, 3 dc, hdc, sc, hdc, 3 dc, 2 hdc, 4 sc. Pull ring together, leaving a hole approximately 1/2 inch in diameter, sl st in 1st sc.

Round 2: Ch 1, sc in same st and in next 3 sts, hdc in next 2 sts, 2 dc in next 3 sts, sk next st (the hdc), sc in sc, sk next st, 2 dc in next 3 sts, hdc in next 2 sts, sc in last 4 sts, sl st in 1st sc.

Finish Off. Weave in ends.

Edging:

With size 10 thread and steel hook size 5,

Round 1: Attach thread in sl st of Round 2. Ch 1, sc in same st, ch 3, * sc in next st, ch 3, repeat from * around, join with sl st to first sc (27 ch-3 spaces).

Round 2: Sl st in next ch-3 space, ch 1, sc in same sp, (Picot, ch 1, sc in next ch-3 sp) 12 times, sl st in next sc (should be center of heart), sl st in next ch-3 sp, ch 1, sc in same sp, (Picot, ch1, sc in next ch-3 sp) 12 times, Picot, ch 1, sl st in first sc.

Finish Off.

This is my own, original pattern. Please do not repost this pattern on any other website. Please do not pass this pattern off as your own. Please do not sell this pattern. You may sell finished objects made from this pattern. Feel free to link to this page. Feel free to print this pattern out for your personal use. If you give the printed pattern to a friend, please include the web address of where you found it. Thank you!

This is too perfect! I'm doing sets of hats, scarves and mittens for our darling grans and great grans ... I wanted to do a heart on one set ... you just made my job easier! Thank you so much!

You're welcome! :D Let me know how they turn out.

Thank you for your pattern. I made one for myself, then was going to make one for a friend and had the center done but not the edging and got side tracted on to a dishcloth. So... guess where the heart ended up. :hook Look in the Kitchen show n tell - Angel Heart. Thanks again :hug

Archived