Why didn't anyone tell me about scarves?

needlegrl

I discovered scarves this weekend! Here are some of the things I have made...

100_0551.jpg

100_0546.jpg

I love the second shot even though I am scumbagging it! It feels so Naruto! LOL This is Bernat Denim Style in Sweatshirt. All HDC in the BLO. The red is Caron one pounder yarn that I had extra of.

Jan29001.jpg

I made this quick set for my DD. She keeps adking for blue so she got it in Bernat Denim Style Stonewash. I really like this yarn. Very very soft!

d62bd522.jpg

0fdd2d1d.jpg

This is made out of Moda Dea Fashionista. I got 6 skeins of this stuff for $6 online! What a steal! I think this set is just very sweet! The scarf is all HDC. The hat is in puff stitches.

f3390a3a.jpg

This is an 8 foot scarf that I am finishing up. It is actually only half done in this photo. All I have left to do now is weave all those ends and connect it at the seam.

f83480ff.jpg

7bc2984e.jpg

This one took ALL day minus a two hour trip to Michael's because I ran out of yarn. It is two strands of Bernat boucle with a strand of bernat satin in Raisin and VC fern and an N hook. It's HDC crocheted in the back loops. My camera didn't really pick it up, but the ridges really make this POP in person! It is really thick and warm and makes the perfect cowl/hood. I really need someone to take better pics...

794b183a.jpg

ce023461.jpg

This one is Lion Brand Wool Ease thick and quick. The colors are Citron and Charcoal. SO RICH and pretty in person. Much less bumble beeish! I have been wanting to try chunky yarn and this is on sale this week at Michael's for 2/$9. The scarf is 9 feet long and is crocheted in a rectangle. I just love how the ends came out. It took just under 4 hours to make and I forced my poor nephew to keep me company to pass the time. The hat took an hour including the puff. Both were done with the N hook. They really weren't kidding when they said thick and quick!

Now tomorrow I have a hat and a scarf to finish and another scarf to make that are all supposed to be done by the time I go back to work on Tuesday! But hey, at least I didn't do nothing all week long right?!!? Thanks for looking!

Oooh, I especially love the cowl, everything looks great! Thanks for sharing, I really enjoy seeing pics of everyones accomplishments...its gets me inspired to dig into my stash. :crocheting

Wow! What a productive weekend. I LOVE scarves; they are my favorite way to use up partial skeins of yarn. I like to combine different textures and weights, with just a simple single crochet or half-double crochet. and I LOVE crocheting in the back loops! It makes for a great look.

Your scarves are awesome! Beth

Archived