Seeking participants in a collaborative art project. All skill levels welcome!

shanb

Hello! My name is Shan Bryan-Hanson and I'm an artist currently working on a large collaborative art installation called The Milkweed Project. I am seeking people who crochet, knit, spin, felt, etc. to contribute an original creation to the project. For more information, visit this page at my blog/website:

http://sticksandstitches.squarespace.com/the-milkweed-project-you-p/

Thanks for your time and interest!

Best,

Shan

Shan, this sounds like such an interesting project! Donna and I have already signed up on the project blog to each send in some sort of crocheted piece for you.

Thanks to all of you for joining the project. I can't wait to see what you create. I'm emailing an official submission form to all current participants later today.

Amy and Donna,

Thanks so much for your support of this project. It's much appreciated!

You're welcome, Shan! I'm thrilled about participating in this project! I have the perfect yarn that has been waiting in my stash for years for the right project to come along, and this is it.

I'm so glad you all joined the project! There is mention of Crochetville at Ravelry, Amy.

Thanks so much. You'll all hear more from me soon.

Shan

Shan, I wanted to give YOU a public thank-you for the very nice and generous way you credited Crochetville in your email announcement (mentioning the Community Ad grant and the discussion thread we have going here). That was a very nice thing for you to do!

I hope that between our thread and the Ravelry thread you'll get lots of extra attention for this project!

Hi. I want to let you all know that, as of tonight, I've mailed the submission form to everyone. If you have signed up prior to tonight and not received the form, please message me and let me know. Include your email address and double check your bulk folder first.

Thanks!

Shan

:crocheting I'm signed up and found a skein in my stash of A Pound of Love in antique white, so I'm all set to go. This is an awesome project, thank you Crochetville for helping us to support it! :cheer

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Shan,

I mailed my first one yesterday. Hope to make another that is bigger and different, so many ideas in my head, and this is such a neat project.

• 4 weeks later...

Shan has a badge/button on her blog for people to snag to promote her project. I tried to use it as an avatar here, but it was an "invalid file". Can somebody more tech-savvy than I figure out a way to make it work, please? :2magic

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

Milkweed Project participant, L’ Tanya, is re-launching her very unique and wonderful site, Craftnicity. Today, April 10th, she has featured The Milkweed Project. If you leave a comment by the end of the day, you have the chance to win a beautiful crochet hook.

http://www.craftnicity.com/craftnicity/2009/04/connecting...

Drop by and tell her readers why you decided to participate in The Milkweed Project.

Thanks for your participation. I have trouble connecting usernames to real-life names and emails. Feel free to add your crochetville username to your submission form. This will help me out :) Thanks for your patience!

Happy Spring!

Shan

Archived