Newest Square Design- Pattern Link in FIRST post

CroJulee

Update: Patterns been available quite a while just forgot to post the link the pattern so here it is: Amys Square Pattern

I was getting ready to start an afghan for my sister who's moving to Montana tomorrow and couldn't find a pattern I liked so I made up this square and I've been making them ever since and using the flat braid method of joining. I really like how's it's looking. It's going to be 5 squares wide X 7 squares long (a checkered look) plus a border. Right now it's 40 inches wide (5 squares). The square measures up to about 7 3/4 inches but when crocheted to another square it adds a little.

Thanks for looking!!

Julee

post-4632-135897423137_thumb.jpg

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

very pretty square. If I wasn't trying to be good and finish up 2 afghans, I'd volunteer to test for you. This weekend though I will be trying to join up a gazillion squares.lol. (crochet together,not whipped).

Thank you for sharing though :)

Sandy

Thanks for your nice comments everybody!! I just finished writting up the pattern so it should be up shortly.

Thanks

Julee

p.s. I used to sew my squares together but I really love using the braiding sort of join. It's so much prettier and so much faster.

How do you do the "flat braid method of joining"? The afghan looks great and am debating whether I want to give this a try or not.

http://priscillascrochet.net/free%20patterns/Afghan%20Edgings%20and%20Joinings.pdf

If you look in the link I just provided it should have instructions for the "flat braid method of joining". That's where I learned how to do it. It's actually really fun.

Good Luck!!

Julee

• 2 weeks later...

Archived