January Charity Square-A-Long

busy-bee-lmt

Once a month, some members get together in this CAL and make squares or other items for charitable giving.

This CAL has no requirements to participate so you would be very welcome to join in next month. If you need to find a place to donate squares, you can read in the Charitable thread and you can always PM someone if you want any info.

Preemie hats are always welcome and there are usually lots of charitable threads running that need squares.

Linda thank you for doing this thread... I was supposed to start the one for January but I spent most of the month in the Hospital with heart trouble... I hopefully will be able to take care of it later

Hope all is going better for you now, Shelly.

ok ladys would love to know more about this am new and I know I have to wait sometime before I can get in on some of the things please let me know what, has to be done and when I can start getting in on some of the fun thks

You are more than welcome to join us each month. It's whoever can get together to crochet things for charity for four days each month. I jumped in at the very last minute this month, but we usually get it posted about a week in advance so there's more warning. I usually make squares of various sizes for use in making preemie afghans. Sometimes preemie hats. Some make scarves for various charities. It's just a time we set aside to get back to our communities.

My total for this month is 16 of the 7 1/2" by 7 1/2" squares. I'll join four together and add a border to make a total of 4 preemie afghans. (These are part of my church's outreach to our local preemie ICU, which averages 100 babies in the unit on any given day. Some are there just for a few days and some are there for months.)

• 2 weeks later...

Our little group did a lot. Our totals are:

Darski: 18 eight inch squares

Pineknott: 17 squares

Linda T: 16 seven and a half inch squares.

Grand total: 51 squares.

• 2 weeks later...
Time for the February edition............:hook Running from February 26 through March 3

Kelly, we normally start a new CAL for each month, otherwise many people won't realize that a new month is starting. Thanks for the reminder. I've almost finished putting together all the squares I made last month, so it's time to make a new batch. :hug

Archived