HI from Southwest Virginia!

my2bois

Hello everyone! My name is Carolyn and I live in rural Southwest Virginia. I am a SAHM with 2 boys age 10 and 3. I have just recently picked up crochettin again. My youngest is TOTALLY addicted to crochet blankets. My Great Aunt made him a baby blanket w/matcing hat and coat and since his first time under that blanket...he was addicted. ;) I have since made him 3 more b/c of stains and times in the washer! He sleeps with a full size blanket in his bed to snuggle w/at night LOL! He loves to be able to get his fingers in the holes.

So, with that said...I have started other projects instead of just "hand towel" sized blankets. :yay My most recent being a prayer shawl. I am very anxious to explore many more projects and I am very glad to have found this forum to share my love of crocheting!!! :clap

:hi, Carolyn!

I am also a SAHM, and feel blessed to be able to be one!:c9

You should check out the Crochet-a-longs that are here. They are really fun and everyone has so many great ideas, it becomes hard to pick which one to do first :devil

Everyone here is friendly, helpful, and we have a lot of fun:crocheting, :blah, :coffee and hopefully getting things made along the way :heehee

Anyhoo... :welcome!

HEy I live in Va. too.

I know you will love it here. Welcome

Cool!!! I live about 2 1/2 hrs west of Blacksburg...I used to work w/a girl when I lived in FL that thought VA ended at Blacksburg!?!?! :think

THANKS EVERYONE FOR THE WARM WELCOME!!!!!

welcome to the ville you will want to check out the round ripple patterns theres one there your son should go bonkers for its spider man and beware round ripples are very addictive i have a few on my blog as well as many others here do check them out

Welcome from Northern Virginia. :cheer

I have a nephew in VA Tech in Blacksburg.

You will love it here. Look foward to seeing some of your work. :hook

Welcome from another Virginian! :) I am near Danville/Martinsville. My boys used to love to do that too lol...have the whole blanket over their head down to the feet, with just fingers poking in the air or trying to see through the holes :lol They are a little too old now & don't do it anymore but it was so cute.

You will love it here. Don't forget to check out all the patterns that members post in the patterns section. Oh & all the show & tell will get the ideas flowing anytime you aren't sure what color to use or what to make. There is also a great crochet help forum if you're ever stumped on a pattern. This place has wonderful people no matter what section you visit!

Archived