who taught you to crochet?

who taught you to crochet?  

611 members have voted

1. 1. who taught you to crochet?

• a professional
    • a family member/friend
    • self-taught with help from books/internet
    • just picked up a hook and never looked back

My big sis taught my granny squares when I was 9 (10 :think). I was not good at it, they came out lopsided. I learned basics as part of a sewing class in 8th grade. Then I collected books and taught myself. I  :crocheting all the time and take it everywhere. 

Ellie 13

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I taught myself Years ago, when my oldest (she's almost 14) was a baby, I got the idea to crochet an afghan. Well that didn't go anywhere LOL. Well it did go to Goodwill for someone else to finish! 1

My dear mom taught me the basics many years ago (like about 65). Thanks to the internet and youtube tutorials i was able to learn more

The internet! Youtube and Star Wars crochet kit.

Posted Images

My mom and grandma taught me at maybe 8 or 10 years old. I don't remember what I made--probably dishcloths--but remember at 12 making teething bibs for my new baby sister out of thread.

Same with me; Mama and paternal Grandma. I started in 1959- 62 years ago, Holy Moly- you'd think I'd be an expert by now! Tablecloths, doilies and fashion was a big thing in crochet back then. My first project was a potholder. My second was a doily. It wasn't that great, but, my mother loved it.