Vintage Vertical Stripe

limebrarian

Used Bella Dia's "Vintage Vertical Stripe" pattern/tutorial: belladia.typepad.com/bella_dia/2006/11/vintage_vertica.html

My first crochet project . . . and it took over a year! Weaving in the ends made me crazy.

Completed size is 6' 8" x 10' 3" (yes, it's huge).

It also has a black border which is hard to see in the pictures.

3229279031_aef4196f96_m.jpg

3230131076_3de2f65ba0_m.jpg

Larger pics at my Flickr Page

Thanks! It's a low-stress project, I'm sure you'll enjoy it. I like that you've tossed in a bit of the glow-in-the dark Bernat into the blanket. I may have to sneak some into a project too.

Wow! That is huge and what a beautiful job you did. I can imagine weaving in all those ends drove you crazy. Love the kitty and looks like he/she loves it. :cat

I'm making a crochet quilt (I think it's called), a pattern from Happy Yellow House...All God's Children. It's made of 9 different blocks. Each block is made up of 63 2.5" x 2.5" squares, like mini-granny squares. Having to weave in all those ends drives me crazy and that's why I've been working on it for quite a long time. Some of the ends you can leave long enough so you can whip stitch the blocks together but it's still lots of loose ends.

Archived