Helping Puppies in Washington with warm blankies?

AdenPenn

Hey guys, I just saw this story about some puppy mills that were seized in Washington. (here is a local news story about it)There is a group called S.P.O.T that is caring for the puppies and dogs that were seized. There are hundreds. They are calling for donations and one of the things they are looking for is bedding. The first thing I thought of is cage cozies & dog blankets!!

Is anyone up for it?

I am going to contact them and see if they can give us an address where we can send the cage cozies/dog blankets. I wanted to make sure I could generate some interest. So let me know if you want to make some cozy love for some puppies!! (most of the breeds in question are small sized like Yorkies and Pugs and such)

If you are interested here are some patterns.

Cushy Pet Pad: http://www.piece-by-piece.net/Crochet/cushy_pet_pad.htm

Puppy Mat: http://www.crochetnmore.com/puppymat.htm

(plus I have heard baby blanket sizes are great for dogs)

Sweetie count me in on this one... I can't work fast but would sure love to send some beds and blankies for these poor babies...

Having adopted a pom from the local animal clinic and since them the ville members here had donated me some yarns to make blankies for the animal hospital where i adopted Foxie from, and well i make enogh for them for the est of this winter so i can make some more for others more in need now...

So please post here what ever info you find and where we can mail the items too.

hugs

Lillibet

I got an email back with an address to send our blankies.

Chuckanut Valley Vet Clinic

896 N. Burlington Blvd

Burlington, WA 98233

I am going to make sure to write S.P.O.T Donation on my box.

• 2 weeks later...

HI, I would love to help I have 3 blankets roughly 18X18" alreay made for my local shelter, but they don't want them any more. If you want them you can have them.

2 crochet & 1 knitted, will dig them out and make some more and send you a package with half a dozen in.:hug

I made a 3 strand pet mat last night roughly about 15" X 15" will proberly be able to make another 2 with the same yarn.

Will get working on some more later this week, is it better to send them direct to the shelter or to you so you can pass them on, I don't mind which ever is best for you.:hug

This is so awesome! :clap Thank you so much.

It might be easier to just send it directly to the address I listed up above. I would suggest writing somewhere on the box that this is a donation for S.P.O.T.

I am so glad to hear others want to help. I am working on getting my first set of blankies/mats ready to ship soon.

Feel free to post pictures too if you want.

I have made another blanket a 2 strand using fun fur and acrylic and working on a second one.

Will send them direct to the address you provided, will post some pictures of the blankets that I send.

Hi:

I would love to help. Where do we send them? We can practice different stitches and help puppies and maybe kittens at the same time. PUUURFECT. How do we get the address? We'll watch for you.

This is a team effort.:ghug

Kathy:crocheting

This is the address that I got the from the S.P.O.T volunteer.

Chuckanut Valley Vet Clinic

896 N. Burlington Blvd

Burlington, WA 98233

Be sure to write S.P.O.T on the box so they know what this is for. They have some other shelters that are taking the seized pups. So I am sure they will be handed out where they are needed.

Thank you so much for helping. :hug

Archived