Baby doll or mannequin

theworm

Those incredibly lifelike dolls always sort of gave me the creeps (even though some are beyond adorable), the the more that I'm doing baby sized projects, the more that I feel the need to have a baby-sized mannequin. I know some of those dolls are incredibly expensive.

Any suggestions on where to buy a life-sized baby mannequin or doll to "model" my projects?

I did some research and mannequins can run into the hundreds of dollars. Your best bet is to try ebay, auctions or second hand stores.

Or you can find patterns for making your own soft sculpture doll to model your designs.

I made my own doll by purchasing porcelain doll parts (you can also buy vinyl parts) and making the body. She wears regular store bought clothes and things I make. I think this might be your best option.

Check out thrift stores. With just a little care and love, you can get a very nice doll for a few bucks.

:manyheart

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Why baby size dolls give you a creeps? are you thinking that they might turn to a bad dolls. Well, even me I guess i will feel the same. Is it possible to a make a baby mannequin? that will be nice and easy for your work. I hope you can find your baby mannequin, good luck.

You can definitely get a newborn size doll at Walmart or Target for pretty reasonable prices. I have several that are different sizes, some are preemie sized and some newborn. My favorite is William by Kymberli Durden, you can't get him at Walmart, but I have seen him on Ebay and that is where i got him.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Paradise-Galleries-WILLIAM-by-Kymberli-Durden-19-Vinyl_W0QQitemZ370182318524QQcmdZViewItemQQptZDolls?hash=item370182318524&_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

Archived