DDD a crochet free day

Can you go one full day without crochet?  

137 members have voted

1. 1. Can you go one full day without crochet?

• Yes, easy I am not addicted - I can quit anytime :)
    • Yes, I have willpower and can put the hooks down...I think
    • Well, I'm sure I can do it... it's on the list OK?
    • No, I don't think it is healthy.
    • No,no, no. I can't do it... I tried and I can't do it

I would love to crochet everyday, but most weeks there's at least a night or two that I don't get to. On the weekends, I have a VERY hard time doing anything OTHER than crochet :lol For instance, I have told myself NO CROCHET on Saturday until I get the house clean and my laundry done. So I'll be storming thru the house, vacuuming and dusting like a madwoman so I can get it all done. I keep telling myself that I'm going to take a vacation day to stay in my pj's and crochet...haven't managed to do that yet, but its on my list!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Days can go by when I just can't face my hooks...but I wind up making up for it when I do start as I just have to get the current project out of the way to start a new idea.

I think of it as a "Love/Hate" relationship, :lol. Love to crochet but hate what I am making....

By the time I get to 1/3 done it's either the Frog Pond or a push to get it done...

That is why I hate committing to CALs, because I may not want to finish what I started, but feel obligated to do it...I prefer to be a free spirit and pick and choose what I want to make or create.

WOW! :eek IT'S AS IF I WROTE THIS COMMENT! :yay I TOTALLY DITTO THIS WELL PUT REASONING! :hug

I will go several days without crocheting because I don't have time but...I NEVER go ANYWHERE without yarn and a hook. I bring my project bag with me everywhere (work, church, shopping, out to eat)...you know...just in case. I also keep a couple of extra WIPs in my car just in case I finish whatever my current WIP is.

So it's not that I can't go a day without crocheting, I just can't go anywhere without having it with me. It's like my security blanket. :P

My DDD would be to leave all WIPs at home for a full day. I don't think I could do it.

I did NOT crochet at all yesterday, but not on purpose. Funny thing happened when I got home the night before....my DH's truck bit me!:eek Really it did!:yes ok, ok we are all friends here so I can tell you the truth, I shut my pointer finger in the truck door, OWIE! I have tried to get a few rows done today, not going so well, the yarn keeps snagging on my bandaid:( Color me stupid, I can not beleive I did such a thing.:blush Oh and did I mention it hurts like a bugger.

I love crocheting and find it very relaxing, but I don't begin to crochet every day. I don't have time and, since I often crochet while watching tv at night, sometimes there's something on that I want to watch without distraction.

I don't crochet much in the summer either. It's too hot here. Maybe if I ever take up thread crochet that would change but I don't feel much like messing with yarn when the temperature and the humidity are in the upper 90s.

I have to admit I can get pretty obsessive when I want to finish a project but I don't feel like I will get the shakes if I don't crochet. :)

I have never taken yarn and a hook with me to crochet somewhere else, but I think it's a great idea for passing the time if you're waiting for an appointment or something similar. Knowing me, I'd probably lose the hook.

Archived