DDD a crochet free day

Can you go one full day without crochet?  

137 members have voted

1. 1. Can you go one full day without crochet?

• Yes, easy I am not addicted - I can quit anytime :)
    • Yes, I have willpower and can put the hooks down...I think
    • Well, I'm sure I can do it... it's on the list OK?
    • No, I don't think it is healthy.
    • No,no, no. I can't do it... I tried and I can't do it

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just have to crochet at least an hour a day.

And if I don't, I'm a crab.

So I guess I am addicted.

:manyheart

I can go a day or so without crocheting - usually it's because my hands hurt, but sometimes I'm just busy with other things and don't get a chance to. If I didn't work fulltime I know I probably would crochet at least a little most every day.

I can go a day or two without crocheting. Had one day just last week when I didn't have time to pick up a hook. Thankfully those days are few and far between. But days like that always make me appreciate my crocheting all the more the next time I pick up my hook.

I have actually not crocheted in about a week. My shoulder is just too painful from the tear i got playing Wii but i do pick up the hook but then put it down again without a stitch

I voted yes easily I'm not addicted. There are days when I spend too much time here reading the threads and don't have time left to crochet or knit. For some reason my DH wants me to pay attention to him when he's home instead of crocheting or knitting. He thinks that I can't do both which shows you that women can multi-task and men can't.

I can go without crocheting but I rarely do. :) Sometimes I just get busy, and if we are out somewhere for an evening....which is rare in itself! :lol.....then I don't crochet.

However, it has become such a part of my routine. Most of my crocheting is done in the evening, while the family is watching TV. If I'm not crocheting, I tend to doze off....so it keeps me awake. Sometimes I get to crochet throughout the day, too, but not every day by any means.

Yeah I can go without picking up the hook. Well, most of the time, well, maybe one day.

I haven't picked up the hook yet today and 1/2 a day yesterday, so I guess that can count for a full day.

Hey contrary to some peoples belief (family) I do not crochet in my sleep.:rofl

I have gone a whole year without being sick, Generally I will pick up some other hobby and devote all my time to it. But crochet always pulls me back into it. I will see a sweater or scarf and see patterns forming in my brain. Once back into the swing of things, I will last about 2 years of making stuff before burning out and putting my crochet down. This on off love affair has been going on for years. Just recently, I got the itch again and have started one project, and am thinking of several WIPs in my junk room I will need to complete.... But not til I finish this first one.

I can go days and days without crocheting. In fact lately I do. I'm too busy with other things not even craft related. Now, if you asked could I go a day without exercising or walking at least five miles a day I'd say NO WAY. LOL

I can go a day or so with out crocheting. And in the summer I can put it away until fall. The winter just seems like the best time to curl up with a bag of yarn and hook away.

I made 4 afghans and 3 poncho's and 3 ice cream purses this fall/winter for Christmas gifts and was a little burned out for a while. But now I am working on a shawl.

It is really hard to go a whole day...

Crocheting is my peace, sanity, and "valium" :rofl

I tend to get restless when I have to just sit somewhere without my hook and yarn....

aw, come on.... just 5 stitches?!

I don't understand why you would want to if its a big part of your life like it is for all of us. In the summer I don't crochet much either because it's like 115 or higher not a good time to be crocheting! The only time I really crochet is watching tv. I can't just sit there and crochet. It doesn't work.

I can go a few days without crocheting anything (thanks to going back to school), but it really is quite relaxing! There's just something about counting stitches and watching your work come together that calms and soothes you... not to mention that sense of accomplishment when you finally get something finished!

Archived