Mists of Avalon Scarf

hookdonU

Pgh9eywckVF-xpN2GMmI1Q?feat=directlink

I designed this scarf for my boss who wanted a green scarf to go with her coat. This works up very quickly and the pattern could easily be adapted to make a shawl or afghan by repeating the pattern rows.

Mists of Avalon Scarf

Gauge: Not Important

Materials:

Size J Hook

1 skein Worsted Weight yarn, I used Hobby Lobby’s I Love This Yarn

Stitches Used: ch, sc, dc, puff stitch

SPECIAL STITCH: PUFF STITCH:

Wrap the yarn over your hook. Insert the hook through the same stitch or space. Wrap the yarn over the hook and pull through. There will be 5 loops on the hook.

Chain 204.

Row 1: Sc in 2nd chain from hook and in each chain across. Ch 1, turn

Row 2: Sc in every stitch, ch 1, turn.

Row 3: Sc in every stitch, ch 2 (counts as 1 dc), turn.

Rows 4 & 5: Dc in BACK LOOP ONLY of each sc in previous row, ch 2, turn.

Row 6: puff stitch, dc across.

Rows 7 & 8: Dc in BACK LOOP ONLY of each sc in previous row, ch 1

Repeat rows 1-8 for pattern repeat until run out of yarn.

Designed by Paulissa Kipp

Copyright 2009

A copy of the pattern may be printed for personal use; this pattern may not be distributed without the express written permission of the designer. The pattern may be linked to. You may sell the items made from the pattern; you may not sell the pattern as your own.

The picture isn't showing for me, just a red x. I would love to see this scarf. Thanks for posting the pattern, it sounds interesting. :hook

I did a properties check on the red X and followed the link included to the photo. Hope this helps.

http://picasaweb.google.com/boogeebutt/12ScarvesOf2009Challenge?feat=directlink#5295317373562077634

Thanks for the pattern! :hook

I did a properties check on the red X and followed the link included to the photo. Hope this helps.

http://picasaweb.google.com/boogeebutt/12ScarvesOf2009Challenge?feat=directlink#5295317373562077634

Thanks for the pattern! :hook

Thank You. ( :blush duh, should have thought of that.)

Very nice, looks warm and cuddly. Thank you for sharing.

Thank You. ( :blush duh, should have thought of that.)

Very nice, looks warm and cuddly. Thank you for sharing.

You're welcome! I'm such a computer granny geek :lol that I just HAD to find a way to see the photo :D Not everyone thinks like I do :hook

It was instant love when I read M.Z. Bradley's "Mists of Avalon" and it is still the Arthurian novel by which I judge all others. Thank you so much for this. I think I will try to make a shawl from the pattern, though I'm new at adapting one pattern to use in another way. If you ever do adapt it yourself, please post it.

• 1 year later...

What a beautiful scarf! I love the name too, Mists of Avalon is one of my favorite books and movie! I'll have to put this on my to do list! Thanks for sharing! :)

Julia

Row 6: puff stitch, dc across.

Rows 7 & 8: Dc in BACK LOOP ONLY of each sc in previous row, ch 1

I need clarification on these two rows. On row 6; I understand, but row 7 & 8 how can you do dc in the bklp of each sc in previous row. Row 6 doesn't have sc. Should this be a typo and be "each dc stitch in previous row". I hope you can help me understand this, because I want to make this scarf for Christmas.

Thank you,

Edwin

• 1 month later...

I am on Row 15 and the scarf is taking on the appearance of a shawl curving around as I go. To make sure I understand the instructions I need to verify that Row 6 is a puff stitch and then a double crochet and goes across without skipping any of the double crochets from the previous row. If that is correct, I'm not sure what is going on to make it curve some. Thanks.

Ok guess my brain is not working right this morning but for the Puff stitch then you yarn over and insert hook an draw up a loop will there not only be 3 loops on the hook??? also the row 7&8 is unclear since there is not sc in the previous row. Love the scarf and want to try it as I am currently trying to make as many as I can for my church's charity this month, guess i will not wait will the month of next ear to make my scarves and hats lol I may even try a glove/mitten pattern if I can find one or two that I like lol.

I too am confused about this pattern but would like to make it. Would like clarifications from the original poster, if possible. The pictures of it look really nice - but I think some of us are confused!

Archived