First Attempt at a Kitty Sweater

FosterMom

I volunteer for a cat rescue and I am trying to make some sweaters for the kitties that have to be shaved, have surgery, etc. Since I am only good at making afgans this is a huge step for me.

This is my first try being modeled by our foster son Noah. I messed up the leg holes so I am thinking of just doing a belly band instead of real legs but I am not sure how to modify a pattern.

This one is just the very basic with no frills just to see if I could actually do it. Since it's an easy single and double crochet I think I could do it in many differnt colors and pattern IF I can get the hang of it.

Please give your honest opinion. I can use any help and pointers that I can get.

Thanks for looking.

th_noahsweater.jpg

The leg holes look fine to me. I would think it would make them easier to get legs through if you have a little bit of ease (and would ease movement, too). And I like how the length on the back is long and covers the back completely. All in all, I say "Great job!" and I can't believe you winged it. Patty

It looks like you did a very good job for a first non-afghan project! Now that you have ventured out, keep trying new things. Soon you will be able to make almost anything.:)

I am impressed...first you did a great job :clapand second you managed to get a cat to wear one:eek. My Princesses would never stand for sweaters.:( But I know that if they had no fur They would be glad for the warmth. Great job:cheer

WOW, thanks again for the compliments! The woman that runs the rescue says they are perfect, they dont have to be show items, just functional items. I am getting better as I go along, just wish they didnt have to be stitched together. :(

Chrissy as you can see Noah was not thrilled with it and wouldnt look at me. :D It actually looked cuter on our Maine Coon but he wanted no part of it, just laid on the floor like he was paralyzed. He had his share of sweaters when he was rescued cause he had ringworm and had to be shaved.

Thanks again, you guys are great motivators! :manyheart

Archived