February Lace KAL canceled.

mamaoso

I've been thinking about this some more. I think Darski's Tiger Eye suggestion would do quite well. It's a relatively small piece which has its advantages amongst those of us who are still lace newbies. And it's a pretty piece. With the name I always expect a gold scarf but... :lol

ETA: I just took another look at the pattern. Although I don't mind, it doesn't have written instructions but a chart only. This might not be the best after all. I know some had trouble with only a chart with Branching Out. I guess those people would have to weigh in and let us know what they want.

EDIT #2: On the other hand, it shouldn't be too hard to write out the instructions for the group! It's not like we've got a hundred rows of knitting to laboriously write out.

I have BW's 2nd Treasury so I could type the instructions

If anyone has the treasury it is on page 312 and is shown with the pattern that was adapted to become Branching out.

I will try to type it this weekend.

As far as I know there is no issue about writing out stitch patterns. so many people do it online.

Darski, you're perfectly welcome to type out Tiger Eye, of course, but so far Ana (Goldkeeper), who is the other person who definitely wanted to do this KAL, hasn't said what she would like to do. And for that matter I guess mamaoso hasn't either. I don't know when mama O. will try to round things up for a final decision. :scrachin It's great that you've got the line-by-line pattern all right there in Barbara Walker. Some day I've got to get those books!

I was looking at the The Day Flower Scarf and I was trying to read the chart and honestly I do counted cross-stitch :think that have to count and make sure it corresponds with the chart and I am very good at it but for some reason knitting charts makes me :faint.

Darski, I should have added what I for some reason couldn't articulate: I really hate for you to go to the trouble of typing that out when we aren't sure yet what we're doing, but my silly brain... sometimes it doesn't work like it had oughta. :confused Sorry for the silly mental lapse. I guess I have to think about things for a few minutes before I can say what I really mean sometimes.

I'm not going to be doing the Fedruary KAL.

I recieved my yarn order for BIL afghan and want to work on that.

I worked on it this weekend and found out why I was doing more knitting:knit then crocheting:crocheting..

My right hand (middle, ring, and pinky) joints hurt.. My fingers are swollen.

I'll just keep the ibuprofens handy..

I'll check in to see what you all are doing..

Well... honestly, I had rather wait a while for another one myself; later suits me quite, quite well. I know I was very enthusiastic about it earlier but I think now I would prefer a little time before another KAL. I am not a person who can juggle multiple projects like so many of you talented people. If it's not one thing at a time some or all of them turn into UFOs. And I have some yarn/thread/lace which I want worked up into certain things fairly soon. Perhaps later for a KAL? In the meantime, my apologies to those who were counting on this.

I'm sorry to hear about your hurting hands, mamaoso. That can be so painful. Knitting is much easier on my hands than crochet, too. Get better soon.

I would not mind waiting a while to do another lace KAL. I got into the Branching Out KAL very late and would like to get it done.

up to the group of course but seasonal KAL or quarterly KAL may be easier to accomplish.

Just saying... :wlol

Later be fine for me too..I will have hubby home from the 11th till the end of the month that I will have to take care ..plus I have that kimono I am knitting that I have just the back done so I'll try to finish that this month .I went to Wal-Mart this morning to get some birdseed and cat food ,,I went to the yarn department... and it's getting smaller every time I go :(..I did pick up some crochet thread #3 :yarn..Just in case ..:yes

I'm sorry.

You can still do the KAL without me.. You sounded like you were going to do one until I backed out..

In my case I had begun to wish I had not committed myself, so actually it works better for me to wait. Don't feel bad, mamaoso, at least not on my account.

Okay, we will cancel this one.. We will see about next month.

Goldkeeper~ Take good care of your hubbie.

darski~ Keep working on the Branching Out Scarf. Can't wait to see a picture when it's done..

wiz3283~ Hopefully the next one we have you will jump right in and give it a try.. If you need help we are here to help out.

HomekeepingGran~ Okay, now you can get some of your WIP's done that are waiting for you..

Archived