The Simple Dolly

champygirl

I use my scanner for the pics, I'll try to get better ones up in February. These don't take to much yarn to make, so scraps are great for these.

The Simple Dolly

post-11825-135897400456_thumb.jpg

Copyright to champygirl January 23, 2009

Materials:

Worsted weight yarn in a flesh color and in a main color
(I use Red heart Supersaver yarn)
Size F hook
Stitch marker
Polyfil (stuffing)
Yarn Needle

Finish size: About 3 ¾”h x 2” at its widest.

Notes:

Dolly is crocheted all in one piece, there is no assembling required.

Do not join unless specified, Dolly is worked in a continuous spiral.

Keep track of Rnds by placing stitch marker in first stitch of each rnd and moving it up as you go along.

When doing my sc decreases, sometimes I do them in the front loops only. It helps minimize the hole sometimes left when decreasing.

Directions:

Rnd 1: With Flesh color yarn Ch2 leaving a tail, 6 sc in 2nd chain from hook crochet over tail. (6sc)
Pull tail taut to close starting hole.
Rnd 2: [2 sc in next st, 1 sc in next st] Do this 3 times. (9sc)
Rnd 3: 1 sc in each st around. (9sc)
Rnd 4: 1 sc in each st around. (9sc)
Stuff head some.
Rnd 5: [sc decrease next 2 sts together, 1 sc in next st] Do this 3 times, color change to main color when doing last sc. (You do this by pulling up the main color through both loops when finishing sc) (6sc)
Rnd 6: 1 sc in each st around. (6sc)
Rnd 7: [1 sc in each of the next 2 sts, 3 sc in next st] Do this 2 times. (10sc)
Rnd 8: 1 sc in each of the next 3 sts, 2 sc in next st, 1 sc in each of the next 4 sts, 2 sc in next st, 1 sc in next st. (12sc)

The following instructions for Rnd 9 are for the dolly without arms if you want your dolly to have arms the instructions will be in bold after the instructions for the armless dolly.

With out Arms:
Rnd 9: 1 sc in each st around. (12sc)

With Arms:
End Row 8 with a color change to flesh color when doing last sc. (You do this by pulling up the flesh color through both loops when finishing sc)

Rnd 9: *5 hdc in next st color changing to main color when finishing 5th hdc. drop loop, place hook in loops of first hdc, with hook pick drop loop back up and pull loop through loops of first hdc, ch1*. 1 sc in each of the next 5 sts (make sure you carry the flesh color yarn in your work by crocheting over it) color change back to flesh color yarn when finishing 5th sc. Repeat from*to*once. Fasten off flesh color yarn. 1 sc in each of the next 5 sts. (10sc and 2 arms)

Note: If you added the arms after Rnd 12 you will need to do 1 sc into each of the next 2 sts before doing Rnd 13. If you didn’t add arms disregard this note.

Rnd 10: 1 sc in each st around. (12sc)
Rnd 11: 1 sc in each st around. (12sc)
Rnd 12: 1 sc in each st around. (12sc)
Stuff body lightly, do not over stuff.
Rnd 13: Ch1, fold bottom of body flat, you will be working through both thicknesses of sc (crocheting the bottom shut). 1 sc in each of the next 6 sts, ch1 and turn. (6sc)
Rnd 14: Sl st through front loop only (the loop that’s towards you). [ch2, sl st in next front loop] Do this 5 times. Turn so you’re working on other side to work in loops left unused. [ch2, sl st in next loop] Do this 6 times, ch2 and join with sl st to first sl st.
(12 ch2 spaces)
Finish off and weave in ends.

Bonnet:

Rnd 1: With Main color, ch2 leaving a tail, 6 sc in 2nd chain from hook crocheting over tail. (6sc)
Rnd 2: 2 sc in each st around. (12sc)

After this Rnd you are no longer working in a continuous spiral.

Sl st in next st ad ch1 and turn.
Rnd 3: 1 sc in each of the 12 sts, ch1 and turn. (12sc)
Rnd 4: 1 sc in each of the 12 sts, ch1 and turn. (12sc)
Rnd 5: 1 sc in each of the 12 sts, ch1 and turn. (12sc)
Rnd 6: Sl st in each of the 12 sts. (12 sl sts)
Finish off leaving a 3” to 4” tail. This will be one of the strings for tying the bonnet.

Cut off a piece of yarn about the same size as tail. Tie yarn to opposite side (from tail) to bonnet. Weave in the end you not using for a string (to tie).

Place Bonnet on head of doll and then tie the tails together (like you would tie your shoe laces). If you finds the ends a little to long trim them to desire length, but be careful not to cut them too short, or you might not be able to untie and retie it.

post-11825-13589740046_thumb.jpg

Enjoy!!!!!!!!

Copyright to Amelia Beebe AKA champygirl January 23, 2009. Do not claim this pattern as your own and do not sell the pattern. Do not copy and paste pattern to another website, please use a link. You can do whatever you want with the finish item you make. You can sell the finish item, or make it for charity, or make it as a gift. Whatever floats your boat. If you do sell the item online, do not use my photo, make your own and take a picture of that.

post-11825-13589740045_thumb.jpg

Archived