Plastic stitch markers

Wiste

These were actually meant as bird toys ( or rather, parts for assembling bird toys) but I figured they would work great as stitch markers so I ordered up a bunch of them. I plan on getting number beads and labeling some of them as row counters. So far I'm really happy with them. I wrote about them in a little more detail on my blog: http://www.riotofdaisies.com/?p=79

3216595635_99d069a7ac_m.jpg

Cool! When you open the safety pin, is it real pointy or is it rounded so it can't cause injury? (I'm thinking about using them for their original intention .... bird toys!)

Cool! When you open the safety pin, is it real pointy or is it rounded so it can't cause injury? (I'm thinking about using them for their original intention .... bird toys!)

They are rounded which was another bonus for me. I have a big diaper pin that was my one stitch marker but it was really hard to put it in with accidentally splitting the yarn.

• 1 month later...
They are rounded which was another bonus for me. I have a big diaper pin that was my one stitch marker but it was really hard to put it in with accidentally splitting the yarn.

those are real neat where can I purchase them and what do I ask for thanks banniemae:think

:clap Congrats to you for being so innovative! They are exactly the sort of thing I've been wanting myself, although I would prefer them smaller size.

Thanks for sharing this great tip :)

• 1 month later...

This is a great idea! Thanks for doing the Leg-(or should I say "finger") work for us. Cheap, lightweight, and plentifull, what more could we ask? I've ordered mine!

• 2 weeks later...

I needed some stitch markers and bought some today :lol from Hobby Lobby. I shoulda waited :eek

Just placed my order from the Bird Nerds web site... these are too cool :hook can't wait to get them! Thanks for the great idea :manyheart

• 5 weeks later...

I asked a friend who was going to a yarn store to pick some markers up for me. Alas the markers were for Knitting and not what I needed. There are no shops near me, and so "necessity being the mother of... I found a couple of lengths of electrical wire and cut them in about 2 inch pieces, and poof row/stitch markers. You can make them in different colors for different uses. --John Hablinski

Archived