My Gamer Child

NanaJ

My youngest son is a HUGE GEEK. It's ok if we call him that he has it tattoed on his toes :blush and Gamer down one arm. Well he plays World of Warcraft and has since it started I believe. He asked dear ole mom to make him a Murlock hat. So I did what I could do.

I started with these material:

emailstarting.jpg

And I looked at THIS picture of the Murlock:

200px-MurlocRaneman.jpg

And these two pictures of one that a lady had knitted

(Just for Inspiration):

2296030635_dfaf1a6782.jpg2296826168_a7615939bf.jpg

And here is MY FINISHED MURLOCK HAT for my son

emailpic.jpg

SORRY the pics are SO BIG! I spent HOURS (ok maybe it just felt like HOURS) trying to get them smaller. NO good. SO I'm just going to post it image heavy

As a big fan and player of WoW myself, I have to say the hat is great (even though I hate Murlocs...lol). :clap

Well I guess the pictures did turn out small :) GEEPERS just can't win for losing these days. When I previewed the post they were HUGE. But I did make them small before posting them.

Thanks for all the great comments. He hasn't worn it yet cause I live in LA and he lives in FL. Going in mail this weekend. Once he gets it and I get a picture of him wearing it I WILL post. Promise. So far he says "SWEET".

If you are interested in WoW I have some items for sale on ebay too that my husband and I have done. Ebay seller nanasixplusone.

Thanks for all the comments. Yeh there are approximately 11.5 MILLION WoW players. As my son says "a lot of them are still in the closet":P

Well the Murlock hat went in mail today. So son should have it in 2-3 days. So HOPE to see pics of it on his head in 3-4 days. And if he says it doesn't fit? well TOO BAD:eek. Cram it on your silly head and WEAR IT:clap But seriously I'm not concerned about it fitting. He and I have the same measurements and I tried it on me many times during production.

Well my son got his hat yesterday. He thought it was AWESOME! He and his family went out to eat and he wore it. He was surprised that had 4 comments about it and 3 of them were WoW players and KNEW what it was :cheer:cheer:cheer. Three cheers for mom she did it!! I wasn't too sure anyone would be able to recognize what it was. He said while at the restaurant a little boy yelled "hey mom, its a Murlock hat"!

But the hat caused a PROBLME:( his little boy who just turned 4 in Oct calls me. He says "HI there Nana (that is what he says ALL the time). I want a Murlock suit, like a costume. PPPPLLLLEEEEAAAASSSSEEEE!!!!!" OH NO!! Now what is Nana too do??????? Well she better put her THINKING cap on and figure something out. I told him it would take a little bit of time so he has to be patient. Boy oh Boy...My "monster" created a monster" :yay

Here are the pictures that I promised would post after he got the hat.

Part11-1-1.jpgdrewhat-1.jpg

• 3 months later...

This hat FTW!

It's amazing. :) You did an awesome job! Was it hard to do? I can think of 2 men in my life that would love this! :)

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived