Double Wedding Ring Afghan (part 2)

ctawq

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ruth -

I have the okay from the publisher to pass on the alterations that I made to the original instructions. PM me with your email address and I will send it back. It is in the form of a word document, can you open one of these?

Carrie

That is beautiful...Where can i get the pattern from? I would love to make that for my granddaughter.you did a beautiful job.

Angel Lady -

It wasn't that hard just a lot of repetition with all the wedges (240 or so) :lol

If you want the altered instructions I wrote ping me a PM.

:cheer I love it! Haven't tried one yet, its been in thought for a while now, how difficult is it?

Thank you. The original pattern was in the Feb. issue of Crafts n' Things. I altered it for the different weights of yarn. Changed the gage so it would finish bigger, which meant changing the filler areas. Added more granny squares to the outer edges and a border around the edge. I really didn't change much! :blush.

That is wonderful!!! Where did you get the pattern????

What a fantastic piece of art. Kudos to you for figuring out how to alter it to make it more of what you wanted!! I love that you used different weights of yarn in addition to different colors.

• 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...
This crochet version of the of the old Double Wedding Ring quilt really excited me. The different textures and weights of the yarns I chose made it a bit of a fun challenge. The original pattern was for only one weight of yarn, so I created versions for bulky to lite DK yarns. The instructions are available to anyone who wants them.

http://picasaweb.google.com/ctawq1/AfghansCrafts#5239395870858069266

http://picasaweb.google.com/ctawq1/CraftFair2008#5269638678150836386

I am lusting after this pattern. It is the prettiest thing I have seen. How can I get it. Loved the pictures

Archived