What are the basic principles behind this?

Rochelled

Freeform crochet is fascinating!! I want to make a purse or blanket or something out of it. So please tell me if I understand this correctly: you start with a square. Add a bunch of shapes and stiches onto it=scrumble. Then make a lot more scrumbles and sew them all together? Or can you just keep adding to the first scrumble? And if you want it to come out with square edges, how does that even work? Just leave a few rows around the edges free? If anyone can share the basic principles, I would really appreciate that.

• 5 weeks later...

Prudence Mapstone is among the gurus of this art form. After you "enter" her site, open the About Freeform hyperlink. Going into the gallery is another option. Freeform is indeed just that. The needle artist is "free" to allow creativness to arise. The trick of course is partly the colorway, as well as the texture combinations, and the use of various stitches. Aside from the basics, there's shells, hareliquin, V, clusters, popcorns, + + + + + + .

http://www.knotjustknitting.com/

As seen on the About free form page, the idea is to make a chain, or any other shape on which to build, and go from there. To develop a "form" stitches are mixed. Various materials are incorporated into the doing. Yarns of various textures and colors add to the all.

If you shop outlet, other second hand places or such, keep an eye peeled for now lesser priced yarns to incorporate into your Freeform piece.

:-) 's

Archived