Finally finished sampler 'ghan

breeze530

I started this afghan well over a year ago, but just never got back to it until last week. It's from squares from various sampler books & the border is from an afghan in one of Vanna's books.

. It's made with white Woolease yarn, but I ran out of yarn during the border & my LCS was out of it, so I bought Vanna's yarn in white which matched perfectly. The only problem is that when I laid it out to take pics I saw that the Vanna's must be thicker because the border looks noticeably larger & much too wavy for my taste.... So I'll have to do the right thing & rip the border & buy some more Woolease. But I'll show you pics anyway & then, hopefully, update when it's finally finished. I do love how it turned out with all the different squares. It is too big to photograph all in one piece. It turned out to be 52" by 72" which is perfect for a bedspread for my twin bed.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/brezybev/3210937008/in/set-72157603878119857/

Sampler afghan, View 2

Sampler, View 3

View 4

View 5

WOW - that is amazing. It is so unique. With all the different motifs you would never tire of looking at it. Love the neutral colour as it makes the patterns of the motifs stand out really well.

Hi, Bev.

I love your sampler. Probably the best one I've seen because of the variety. How on earth did you manage to keep the squares the same size/gauge while using various pattern sources??? It's far more interesting than making one from a sampler leaflet with a "canned" pattern, which I've done.

Kay (one of your pals from the about.com forum)

Archived