Knitpicks

CLLinda

I was looking for some double pointed needles and found that Knitpicks has some really nice needles, and many other things. Their yarn is pretty reasonable and a different variety than at the normal Craft stores.

They have free Shipping over $50. So That's what I did. Bought needles, a crochet socks book, and some nice cotton yarn.

And if you don't go over the $50 for your purchase, the shipping is only $3 or $4, which is reasonable compared to others.

And yes, I am going over to the K side, at least for a project for the county fair this year.

Who has shopped there? It seems like a pretty good company. It's my first time.

:manyheart

I've shopped there a coule of times and I love it! They have some really neat yarns at pretty affordable prices. I have also purchased some knitting needles in my attempt to learn to knit. I just received my order of the Cotlin yarn for a project and I absolutely love the yarn. I wish they had a few more "crochet" things but that's okay. I can purchase those elsewhere and get my yarn from there. I highly recommend Knitpicks.

I love Knitpicks. My Dh got me the Harmony needle set for my b-day and I LOVE it. I tried learning to knit a few times but kind of gave up after a few small items because I hated the long needles. THey just feel to bulky to me and I felt way to uncorrdinated. Now that I have the circlular set I started knitting up a storm. IMO this is the best product out there for knitters. Now if I could just convince them to make some crochet hooks that nice.

I like knitpicks too......... but has anyone else had to wait weeks for the order to arrive?

It was great yarn - but after I waited two weeks I called to ask where the order was. They were very nice and reshipped. the replacement order took 3 more weeks. By the time the yarn got here I wasn't very excited about the project anymore.

I like knitpicks too......... but has anyone else had to wait weeks for the order to arrive?

It was great yarn - but after I waited two weeks I called to ask where the order was. They were very nice and reshipped. the replacement order took 3 more weeks. By the time the yarn got here I wasn't very excited about the project anymore.

I sure hope this was just an isolated incident. For the first time ordering, I always worry about things and how long it will take.

I have ordered from other companies and it can be a few days to a few weeks. I just have to be patient.

But they did say on their site that it averages about 5 days for an order.

We'll see what happens, especially because of the holiday this week. My luck, it will be delivered when DH is home and I have to explain it to him. :P

I ordered from Knit Picks right before Christmas and my order was shipped next day. :yay But their shipping method is slooooooow. It took another 8 days after that to get to me. I just placed an order 7 days ago and today I got the email that it finally shipped!! Now I'll have to wait another 8 days for it to get to me. On a knitting forum I go to where Knit Picks is very popular, they were all talking about their slow boat shipping method and lack of customer service, which is very recent. Before that they were fantastic. For my recent order I called Knit Picks (no answer) and emailed them twice and never got a response. :( I don't know what's up there but I hope they sort it out. They have the best needles and some fantastic prices on yarns you can't find in the big craft stores.

I :heart KnitPicks!

I have a set of Options and use them all the time.. :heart they're yarn.. Have tried almost all of them.. The prices are great.

The DPN's are to long for my liking. I use 6 inch most of the time. And shipping does take a long time from there to here.. From the time I put my order in I say 1 1/2 weeks or 2 weeks before I get it.. But if you want it faster you can pay extra to get it..

I think you will be very pleased with your Knitpicks order. I have ordered from them several times, and never been disappointed. It's certainly reasonable to order just one or two small items, because their shipping charge is fair; but it's not hard to stock up, especially as they often have pretty good clearance prices.

I've ordered a few times — mainly their Options needles — and found the shipping time to be variable, all the way from really fast to really slow. Not sure what it up with that. I know the Petkuns seem like people who want to do it right so maybe if everyone let them know when it really, truly takes too long?

Where are they located?

I placed the order on Sunday, and they emailed me today that it is being shipped.

So we'll see how long it takes. I really can't wait for the yarn. I ordered some lilac cotton and a white cotton ball so that I can make a baby blanket for the county fair. I'm going to design it myself.

They shipped it on Friday and it's Tuesday and still not here.

I really wish it would come soon. And not on the weekend where my husband would see it.

Some things are just not worth getting into an argument over.

They shipped it on Friday and it's Tuesday and still not here.

Didn't they give you a tracking number? It doesn't come in the email for shipment notification, you have to look it up on their website under "Order Status". It's at the very top of their home page to the right. With the tracking number you can see the estimated in-home date that shows up in the pop up box when you click the link for your tracking number, which may be a day or two later than what they actually say. Just depends on the post office. I've learned to order waaaaaay in advance with Knit Picks. They are the slowest I've encountered yet but they have such good stuff I can't resist. You can get it shipped in 3 days but then they charge you around $15 for postage. :eek

My order did come today. The 16 inch circulars are so smooth. Can't wait to try them out.

The yarn is very soft and pretty. So I guess the wait wasn't really that bad.

I just get impatient waiting for yarn and other things to come.

I really am enjoying the knitting needles and yarn that I purchased. I am very pleased with this company.

It took almost two weeks, but it was worth it.

I like the comfy cotton yarn I bought so much that I ordered MORE!

I got their 16 inch circulars in US size 5 and I can't use them. :( Not yet anyway. I was so awkward and clumsy with them. I do love their Harmony straights. Wish I could afford the entire set. I'm still pretty new to knitting so I'm going to practice a little more on my straights before moving on to circulars. I may even get me ONE set of Addi Turbos just to see what all the hoopla is about. Enjoy your purchase. :) I got some very pretty purple cotton boucle yarn from there and it's SO soft. :c9 That's just about the only place I'll buy yarn from sight unseen and I've never been disappointed yet.

I got their 16 inch circulars in US size 5 and I can't use them. :( Not yet anyway. I was so awkward and clumsy with them. I do love their Harmony straights. Wish I could afford the entire set. I'm still pretty new to knitting so I'm going to practice a little more on my straights before moving on to circulars. I may even get me ONE set of Addi Turbos just to see what all the hoopla is about. Enjoy your purchase. :) I got some very pretty purple cotton boucle yarn from there and it's SO soft. :c9 That's just about the only place I'll buy yarn from sight unseen and I've never been disappointed yet.

addi turbos are the best imho. The sharp points especially in the addi lace needles are the best. The finish makes the yarn glide like warm butter on a bagel. Thats why addi turbos are my favorite. I want a whole set of their metal and plastic crochet hooks.

I loved my order so much that I ordered some more yarn and needles.

They seem to be a little faster this time. We'll see.

Archived