"Exquisite" Baby Afghan

missmaxx

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow, your work is so even it's perfect! The blanket is indeed exquisite.

Did it come up the proper size? I know some of her work, there are big problems with the gauge being way out.

Beautiful!! I too wonder about the gauge.

Thanks everyone for your kind words. I thought it was easy and fun to make. (That's the doily maker in me coming out! :lol Love those pineapples!)

My finished size before any blocking is 33" x 42". The pattern says 37" x 46" so yes, I'm a little short. I always wonder about blocking afghans. I mean, this is for a baby. I expect it will be washed quite a bit if it's used - which I hope it will be!

Do you block baby afghans?

happy crocheting,

That is a gorgeous heirloom baby ghan! And I love the border. You did an awesome job. They will definitely love it.:cheer:cheer:cheer

I'm adding that book to my wish list. ;)

Hi. That is just beautiful. Just how hard is it to do the edging????

I tried something like this for a wedding afghan and I had problems with the edging and gave up and just did something simple instead. Teapot

Thanks everyone for your kind words. This project was a joy to make. I finished it in two weeks - in my spare time. :hook

To answer some of your questions:

So very beautiful! What brand of yarn did you use? Your stitches have such perfect definition.

It's Bernat Softee Baby. I thought it was nice to work with. Soft, and flowed off the hook without any splitting. It's white but a soft white, almost ivory. I'll definately be using this yarn again.

Hi. That is just beautiful. Just how hard is it to do the edging????

I tried something like this for a wedding afghan and I had problems with the edging and gave up and just did something simple instead. Teapot

The edging is pretty easy. Terry Kimbrough's directions are easy to follow. I'm first and foremost a doily maker, working with thread. I've always loved the look of pineapples and for all the show they give you, they're really just a series of sc and chains - very basic crochet. I'd recommend this pattern to anyone, no matter how experienced they are.

If I can toot my own horn a little more :2blush the layette I made to go with this is now done. You can see it at http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=94213

Happy crocheting,

Oh Nancy, I FOUND the book!! I went to ALL three stores in town, and found it in the LAST store, it was on the rack BEHIND some others, you should have heard me when I got it, I squeeled like a piggy!! Thank you for the inspiration to make this. And may mine turn out half as adorable as yours. I just have to get the yarn for it. I HAVE caron SS in white, I MAY use that so I don't have to buy any yarn.

Thank you:manyheart

Oh Nancy, I FOUND the book!! I went to ALL three stores in town, and found it in the LAST store, it was on the rack BEHIND some others, you should have heard me when I got it, I squeeled like a piggy!! Thank you for the inspiration to make this. And may mine turn out half as adorable as yours. I just have to get the yarn for it. I HAVE caron SS in white, I MAY use that so I don't have to buy any yarn.

Thank you:manyheart

I'm glad you found it! I'm sure you'll do a great job on it. I'll be watching for a photo!

Happy crocheting,

Archived