How long does it take you to....

Crochet 5 round basic granny squares?

Additional Details...

I'm using a G hook and Caron Simply soft. The 6th row is a single crochet border with a color change.

On a GOOD day after I've been going for awhile to get my fingers used to the motion, it takes me about 25-30 minutes.

On a BAD day or when I just start, it takes me about 35-40 minutes.

So my question is...how long does it take you and what are your secrets to going faster? I've got about 155 more squares to go and I see NO end in sight!

Thanks everyone.

Krista

First, it takes me anywhere from 15-25 minutes. However, I wouldn't compare yourself with what anyone of us does in time. I can tell you that if people distract me, it takes me longer to crochet something even though I can usually zip right through it. Second, you can probably set up a number of squares that you will finish within a reasonable amount of time. This makes the project go faster. For instance, maybe you could do ten squares a week. Therefore, the whole project doesn't look so overwhelming. Good luck! I know that it will be beautiful.

Thanks for the encouragement Melissa. I wasn't really trying to 'compare' myself against other crocheters but I just wanted a to see where I fit in the scheme of things (I just started to crochet in June '08). In addition, I wanted to see if you guys had any 'tricks' to make them go faster!

Thanks for the response, I will def. post pictures when it's done. Right now the way it's coming out, it's going to fit a queen sized bed!

Krista

Archived