Hat for my hubby

starryeyed24

This was my second version of this hat from the 2009 Crochet Pattern a Day Crochet calender. The first one was way too small, and this could have been a little larger :blush. The pattern is called My Guys Hat and I used Red Heart Super Saver in the Earth and Water color. He likes it alot :manyheart and wants me to make him one in black that he can wear to work.

th_SANY2027.jpg

You are so lucky he will wear what you make. I was making a afghan for our maintenance person at school for Christmas and kept asking my boys if they thought it was manly enough and they said crochet will never be manly enough for them:( I keep asking them what I could make for them and its always nothing. They wont even put hats or anything on so I can see how it looks (you know its not easy to see the back if your trying it on)and if they do they will not stand straight or let me adjust it, all I hear is are you done yet:eek

You are so lucky he will wear what you make. I was making a afghan for our maintenance person at school for Christmas and kept asking my boys if they thought it was manly enough and they said crochet will never be manly enough for them:( I keep asking them what I could make for them and its always nothing. They wont even put hats or anything on so I can see how it looks (you know its not easy to see the back if your trying it on)and if they do they will not stand straight or let me adjust it, all I hear is are you done yet:eek

Aww he is begging me to make him a afgan, but I haven't found the right yarn that is both soft and manly :think

I made the free pattern from Annies Attic it was the black and red one. It was worked lengthwise (seemed to take forever)but very easy only dbl's and sc's. I only used what I had in my stach RH dark sage and a medium sage. I thought it looked manly.

I made the free pattern from Annies Attic it was the black and red one. It was worked lengthwise (seemed to take forever)but very easy only dbl's and sc's. I only used what I had in my stach RH dark sage and a medium sage. I thought it looked manly.

Thanks I'll have to see if I can find that pattern:hook

• 2 weeks later...

Archived