I could just kick myself for this

While sorting laundry in the basement, in the very bottom of the basket, i found the two scarves i'd made for Special Olympics. Because of the chaos of the past month (couple hours' sleep a day, constantly on the road, helping out to care for bf's mom in her final days, helping with funeral and memorial arrangements, and also working full time in the O.R.) i'd totally forgot to wash them and mail them last month, so i missed the deadline. I hope that the Special Olympics Scarf project will happen again, i really wanted to donate those scarves for this year's games:(

Oh man... That's a bummer. Well, I'm sure they will, I mean, at least I think they will have it again, but if not, I'm sure there's plenty of other groups that could do with a nice scarf or two, or a hundred...

Heather,

I've got one too! I was making "just one more" out of the yarn I had left, and then I got sick last weekend. I thought about putting it away until the "next time". But, I might send it to my mother-in-law. My brother-in-law has participated in Special Olympics in the past. I'm sure it would bring a smile to his face! :) Either way, I'm still gonna make some more! :hook

i don't know if it's cold where you are but it was -7 when i woke up this morning. yes....negative 7. they just had on the news that homeless shelters are taking winter clothing donations.

maybe you can donate to one of your local shelters?

While sorting laundry in the basement, in the very bottom of the basket, i found the two scarves i'd made for Special Olympics. Because of the chaos of the past month (couple hours' sleep a day, constantly on the road, helping out to care for bf's mom in her final days, helping with funeral and memorial arrangements, and also working full time in the O.R.) i'd totally forgot to wash them and mail them last month, so i missed the deadline. I hope that the Special Olympics Scarf project will happen again, i really wanted to donate those scarves for this year's games:(

:ohdearMe too! I made 4 of them, and put them away one day when company was coming over. Now that the holidays are over, I found them again. (I think this project is an annual project. If not, maybe we can donate them somewhere else.):idea

You are not alone....I have 4 that I made way before the holidays....I stashed them thinking I had plenty of time to get them in the mail.....Oh well, I'll find a place for them someday!

Our AVERAGE day here in Iowa where I am has been

-15 without windchill the last two weeks, it is FREEZING. If you want to send me a scarf I will take it!!!! I have ONE I made with homespun, but I made it toooooooooooooo long, and I trip on it and get it all wet :lol. Also there is a scarf for abused women thread over in the charity section if your interested. We also have a Womens homeless shelter in town for women and children, I would be happy to drop them off for you. PM me if interested.

Yes, I know how it goes too, I usually end up with squares all over...lol...and then I have a list of what goes where, I am NOT the most organized person in the world!!! :lol

Hugs and Hooks

JoAnn

Archived