Please help me and lilpug with a comfort ghan for our mom

niqita

Mom is okay after A few chemo treatments the fluids started to build up in her lungs and had to be rushed back to Mayo and a tube stuck in her side to re inflate the lung it was scary as I was in North Dakota at the time and not home.:( The ghan is getting put together as I type I will get pics soon as I plan on having it done by Easter.:cheer:hug:hug:hugI'd like to thank all who helped out again I keep saying thatnks but I just don't seem to think it is enough.

Brenda

Just checking to see how is your mom doing ? and how is the chug chug along on sewing coming?

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

she is but they are holding off on anymore chemo till April 20th :eek I hope the cancer doesn't have time to spread during that time! Now my younger sister has moved back home to help out to but just found out she (sister) will be needing a total hip replacement she is only 41. I tell you when it rain it pors first my knees that have to have surgery on in the next 40 days my mom'schemo and my sister's hip! What next never mind I don't even want to think about what could be next just take one day at a time!

she is but they are holding off on anymore chemo till April 20th :eek I hope the cancer doesn't have time to spread during that time! Now my younger sister has moved back home to help out to but just found out she (sister) will be needing a total hip replacement she is only 41. I tell you when it rain it pors first my knees that have to have surgery on in the next 40 days my mom'schemo and my sister's hip! What next never mind I don't even want to think about what could be next just take one day at a time!

:hug:hug:hug:hug:hugHugs and prayers for your family!!

• 2 weeks later...

Just a update on my mom's afghan Iam still plugging away at putting it all together for her. Mom will be starting some new trial chemo that has not yet been fda approved. The tumor in her pancrease has remained unchanged which is good but the spots on her lungs have grown so know they are focusing on those. Boy this is alot for a family to go through some days she wants to eat others she don't or she wants something and she wants it like now or the urge for that food has passed. She has to have the stint fixed again as she has started to turn yellow again so billirubin is up to 7 again. Will continue to keep updates and hopefully the ghan will be all put together soon!

Brenda

Just a update on my mom's afghan Iam still plugging away at putting it all together for her. Mom will be starting some new trial chemo that has not yet been fda approved. The tumor in her pancrease has remained unchanged which is good but the spots on her lungs have grown so know they are focusing on those. Boy this is alot for a family to go through some days she wants to eat others she don't or she wants something and she wants it like now or the urge for that food has passed. She has to have the stint fixed again as she has started to turn yellow again so billirubin is up to 7 again. Will continue to keep updates and hopefully the ghan will be all put together soon!

Brenda

Dearest Brenda,

My thoughts and prayers remain with you and your family, and mostly your mother. unfortunatly I feel her pain. BUT good things do happen and we shall NEVER give up hope.

HUGS friend

JoAnn

Archived