Please help me and lilpug with a comfort ghan for our mom

niqita

If anyone could please help my sister and I make a comfort ghan for our mom who has just been diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer I know the color is purple so if anyone could help us out it would be much appreciated we are thinking maybe 8 inch squares I really don't know how many we will need she is only like 5 ft.2inches so please if you can help p.m. me for address thanks so much in advance I (we) love you all.:hugIt has been brought to my attention that maybe the color purple would not be a good idea since that would remind her of the cancer she has so therefore I think any bright and pastel colors would be much better for her. Thanks to all.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please note that I have changed the colors to bright and pastels. 8 inch squares are the size. A person here suggested that the color purple would remind her of her cancer and we want to raise her spirits and not remind her. Thanks so much grannytme :hug :hug

I'd love to help you out. You said brights and pastels??

I'll send you what I can next week, so when you get a chance shoot me a PM.

I'll be sending my positive thoughts and prayers with the squares....

I will be going around with white so all the colors will look like a kind of a patch work quilt. Meaning the squares will be hand sewn then crocheted around the whole outer afghan with white.

Thanks alot JoBug, We thank you so much. Please take care of yourself also I have been following your health thread closley wishing you the best. :hug :hug :hug

I will pm you now...I am so sorry to hear about your mom's illness. Prayers for all of you:hug

Thanks so much Beth we really appreicate the help. :hug:hug

I have lots of bright colors...i'll send you out a couple on Wednesday (1/21) - pm me your addy....

Thanks so much Crissie we really are greatful to all of you here on the ville.:hug:hug:hug

I got two done for you, I hope that is okay. ONLY, I feel like an IDIOT because I didnt go back and read the posts to see you are framing them in whit, I used a pastel blue and white on the last row..........I am sorry and if they wont work let me know I wil redo them...:think

I have 4 done to put in the mail for you. Turquoise, yellow, coral and a pinks variegated. Hugs to you, your sister and your mom!

Thanks so much!:hug:hug:hug

Archived