Do you feel the need to own every hook or needle?

I will only use Boye. I just don't like the Susan Bates hooks.

I have the steel hooks in sizes 00-12 and 14 (can't find 13) and have aluminum hooks in sizes b-k and n and p. If I need a hook I don't have, I buy it. But I only have one of each. I keep mine in a case and when I'm done with it, it gets put away.

Boye fairly recently made a new interchangeable set of steel hooks. The hooks change out sort of like old screwdrivers used to bolt in. The sizes are 1-14 and includes a 13. The handle is a more standard large size to hold on. Much more comfortable that way! :) The set retails for around $30 at places like Joanns, but you can use discount coupons or possibly find it online for cheaper.

Boye fairly recently made a new interchangeable set of steel hooks. The hooks change out sort of like old screwdrivers used to bolt in. The sizes are 1-14 and includes a 13. The handle is a more standard large size to hold on. Much more comfortable that way! :) The set retails for around $30 at places like Joanns, but you can use discount coupons or possibly find it online for cheaper.

Yeah I have seen those at Hobby Lobby but wasn't sure if I would like the handle, I've gotten so used to using the regular steels so haven't taken the plunge.... yet LOL

I want complete sets of every type I like---rosewood, quicksilver, bamboo handled Bates, Brittany. I think if I ever get snowed in (which never happens for more than a day) I need to be prepared. I have enough projects that I could be snowed in for the entire winter and never run out of things to do!

My problem is that I belong to a SnB group, and someone ALWAYS shows up with some new type of hook or needle. We all just about had apoplexy over the Harmony needles that one member brought in.

I just got the Susan Bates bamboo-handled hooks for Christmas (even though I already have all the Susan Bates sizes and didn't really NEED them).

I guess I am the odd-man out on this one. I buy the hooks as I need them. I have about 5 steel ones, sizes ranging in the 00 - 7 area, not all of them. Then in aluminum and plastic, I have D, F, G H I J K and P. That's it. I use the H and I the most (worsted weight) but to range into the others. Actually, I recently purchased a B hook because I needed it to make my daughter's Barbie a dress. So I buy them as I need them, one at a time. I just can't see buying something I might not ever use. Will I ever have a full set - probably eventually as I use them :-)

:lol more of a pattern junkie then anything.I am really bad with hooks working on a project with lets just say a h hook then see something I want to make right away so I put down that project with the hook. then go start another project using another hook then put that down grab another hook and project.. then I am looking for hooks to make something else wondering where the other ones are at.:lol

Of course I do.

I gave my complete set of Boye (with doubles on g,i,j) to my DD

I have 2 sets of Bates, my Jimbo's (including a chophook) and the big bright plastic, etc.

I have hooks for things I don't even do ... but I have the hooks just in case I ever want to.

Do I ever! Earlier this month Pacific Crafts and Fabrics (Or is it Fabrics and Crafts...) was having a sale on the Crochet Lites hooks. But they only had 4 sizes and all of them smaller sizes than the Crystalites I am using currently... But I did acquire two of them, one of them in the size I need for that Toe Up Sock tutorial in March... I would have bought all four sizes available but alas, money is a factor in purchases which is in low supply as of late...

I've also considered seeing if my mom will let me rummage through her storage unit the next time I'm in Cali so I can try and find her ol Boye hook set and put those old things to use again. That is, if she still has them in storage...

I should probably add that I'm hopelessly disorganized. There will be days that I get a bit insane about everything getting put in it's place, but that never lasts for long and eventually my hooks will wind up in different drawers of my desk.

Archived