Do you feel the need to own every hook or needle?

Even though I have never used an L hook or an M I feel like I need to own them. I feel like just b/c there is a size out there, I need it b/c I need a "complete set". Anyone else like this? It's really horrible with knitting needles b/c there are all these sizes in straights, DPNs, and circulars. :eek I feel like I am never going to have full sets of anything and it is making me CRAZY! :loser

LOL! I agree!! It always works out that the project I choose requires a size I don't have or Yikes - can't find!!!! This is why I have 2-3 of the ones I use the most so I can have them in each of my project bags! Then I start sorting and cleaning and find crochet hooks EVERYWHERE!!! I am so pathetic!:lol:lol

I can relate but so far I have used every size hook. I even own several different sets. So far with knitting needles I have not got that carried away yet. I got a knitpics harmony needle set from Dh for my bday and now I really dont have the urge to get any others. I love that set so much. Stilll looking for the ultimate hook set. Haven't found a set I am totally nuts abut yet but I will.

Well, when I find a set of hooks / needles that I really like I want to have the complete set in case they ever disappear or so that I always have a hook available when I start a new project.

I actually don't have a complete set of Susan Bates hooks somehow. I bought a multi-pack in the middle sizes and haven't needed to wander out of that range as yet. I actually discovered I like Bates better than Boye hooks and I have all of those! :huh

:yes I know exactly how you feel! I am a "complete set" junkie too. :D I not only have a complete set...I have a complete set of Susan Bates hooks, Boye hooks (were my moms), Crochet Lite hooks, and I'm working on my complete set of wooden hooks (mostly Graydog - just need a D and S).

Totally agree...when I see a new kind of hook something compels me to get a complete set eventhough I don't use them. Who knows maybe one day they'll come in handy.

:yes

Yes, I am pretty obsessive about my hooks. I like to have the entire set of pretty much anything. Years ago when I was doing alot of counted cross stitch, for a christmas present, I got all the dmc embroidery floss colors that I did not have, so I even had the entire set of that.

I do knit but haven't in years, so I don't have a huge selection of knitting needles. If I get back into knitting, well look out because of course I would have to have the entire set of knitting needles.

I like to be able to know that no matter what project I decide to do, I will have the proper hooks on hand. I am a Boye hook person, I don't like the Bates hooks so what I have in Bates are my emergency extras.

Don't feel bad, you are not alone. :hug

No. I think I finally have just about every size I need or am likely to use. That includes hooks and knitting needles. Now, I just need time to use them all.

Don't want any bamboo or wooden hooks or needles. I have a few plastic, but prefer aluminum or steel.

Beverly

I am also a "complete set" person.

If I have hooks I want one in every size.

If I have a pattern book from a series I want one of every book in the series.

Even though I know I won't be able to use every hook or make every pattern that I have I feel the need to be "complete" in my preparation or gathering of information for potential projects.

It's the same with dishes and shoes too.........

No, I like my golden oldie hooks, and I have pretty much everything from steel size 14 (which I'll never use:P) to aluminum M (also doubt I'll ever use). I have duplicates of the ones I usually use, so I'm covered. I'm sentimental :manyheart about my old inherited hooks so I don't want to replace them. I may get a few new Addi hooks, as I bought one for thread to try it out, and found I really like it, so I may pick up a few more. But I have no desire to have a complete set of anything if that means buying sizes I don't expect to use, and I'm not too interested in wooden hooks or pretty glass ones. (though I do like bamboo knitting needles)

Ditto Darski!!!

Of course I have to.

When I first crocheted I had my J hook and I was happy with that. Little did I know.

Now I have them all from the tiniest to P, plus some huge wooden hooks for making rugs that have no size on them. In the mid-range I have numerous because I always have a lot of projects in progress at once.

Lol yes I find the need to have every hook out there I even want the lite hooks because they are so nice to work with I have steel hooks got a whole set of crochet hooks from sizes d-k plus steel hooks now I want to also have the Q hook ans whatever else crochet hooks are out there

No, but I had given away all my duplicate hooks to grand daughter, and now I am getting frustrated, because when working more than one project with same hook size, I have to keep taking it out of one and use it in the other and visa-versa. So I am buying hooks that are 2nd hand for cheap prices so I can build them up again.

We're talking brands as well as sizes here, right? LOL. I just discovered nice fat handles on tiny steel hooks. All those old Boye's are seeing very limited action, lemme tell 'ya. Clover hooks and Chiaio Goo hooks are nice. And you never know what size is actually going to achieve gauge so... :hook

I've been seeing a lot of patterns lately that call for an M hook. So, I had to order 2 of them (in case I misplace 1 I like to have a backup). Now, I don't have a project planned that calls for this size hook--I just (like you) needed it for my set! While I was onlining ordering it, I saw an L hook. Hmmmm, I don't have one of those either so I ordered 2 of them too! About a year ago, I went through the same thing with an S hook although, I did restrain myself and only ordered one of them! Anyway, none of those sizes are available in stores around here (wonder why???).

I will only use Boye. I just don't like the Susan Bates hooks.

I have the steel hooks in sizes 00-12 and 14 (can't find 13) and have aluminum hooks in sizes b-k and n and p. If I need a hook I don't have, I buy it. But I only have one of each. I keep mine in a case and when I'm done with it, it gets put away.

Archived