Which do you prefer working in rounds or rows?

Jempast

Which do you prefer working in rounds, rows?  

167 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer working in rounds, rows?

• Rounds
    • Rows
    • Either one is fine

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

Rows are much eaiser for me, although the round ripple I did was easy once I got used to it. The rounds i tried first where for toys, and it was VERY hard for me to count and keep track :) One thing I love about rounds (or grannys) is that you don't have to be set to how big it will be. I have a hard time gaudging how much yarn a project will take, so if you start out with a row, you really can't make it wider, or narrower if you run out of yarn. But anyway, i love it all and can't wait to make more of everything! haha

• 2 weeks later...

Well I am very fond of working in rows, and I think 2 of the 25 projects i've made are in rows.

With that being said, I'm currently making myself a granny squares blanket and, it goes much faster and is much easier..

I guess ill have to come back after its done and see if I still prefer working in rows than rounds :D:hook

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
:wink:wink:winkI like them both, but since i have learned the invisible join method on rounds, I really like rounds, lol I used to not like them for that seam that would be there, but since then, and now, the invisible join has made the seams disappear! I do more row things though, cept for grannys', they're rounds, i guess, but I always wanted to call them sqaures of work, so three categories really, rows, rounds, and squares!

• 1 month later...

I picked rounds because it's easier to get something to the size you want it - you just keep adding rounds.

I tried making the 63 Squares afghan a long time ago and I found that I had to keep taking squares apart and changing hooks because the gauge was off on so many of them. I think that's why I don't enjoy rows as much.

• 1 month later...

I like to work in rounds.However, I have to use many stitch markers and make a list of what each marker stands for. And when I get to the point of doing the next round/row and the pattern says to chain, I skip that. It never looks right to me. So I use an actual stitch. I haven't had any problems but then again nothing I have made really calls for a lot of accuracy.

Rows. It's so difficult to keep track of rows, its like if I lose count I have to start all over. I know I should use stitch counters or safety pins for that, but most've the time I'm working on a small project and really can't be bothered with them. Rows are nice and neat and countable(:

• 2 weeks later...

Rows seem easier to keep track of, but rounds make for pretty doilies.

l don't think I have a preference, it just appears that out of all the projects I tackle, rows are more common.

• 3 weeks later...

It depends on the yarn. Sugar N Cream I prefer rounds. Loops and Threads I'm using in a striped ripple. I do know though that round or row I can't stand working with Simply soft or Bernat satin lol yet I can't stay away from it its so shiney and pretty.

• 4 weeks later...

I prefer rounds because when making row things (like scarves) I get annoyed with having to turn the work everytime I come to the end of a row... I've threatened myself that I would start crocheting scarves the "long" way so I don't turn near as much~

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I prefer rows. Keeping track of the rounds just gets tedious for me, switching the markers and what-all if I'm not paying attention. I get into a groove and I get frustrated having to stop and move the markers around.

Archived