Jempast

Which do you prefer working in rounds or rows?

Which do you prefer working in rounds, rows?  

167 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer working in rounds, rows?

• Rounds
    • Rows
    • Either one is fine

Which do you prefer to do crochet in the rounds or rows? I prefer working rows.

I prefer rows,too because it can be hard at times doing rounds

For some reason when I work in rounds, you can see my connecting spot on each row and throughout the entire pattern. Yuck.

I like rows better. When working in rounds (like a round ripple) the more rows there are, the further it takes to get thru each row. For some reason, that really gets to me (the never ending row)

If I am crocheting with thead I prefer rounds,

if I am crocheting with yarn then I prefer rows.

great question

Rows, definitely.

I worked my first round this week, however, and it went alright (I think).

Rounds!! I still have to count a lot when I work in rows. :P

As to the seam showing in rounds, yeah... It does. But if you don't count the chain as a stich, and work an extra sc/dc/whatever "over" that chain, it's better... I really didn't explan that well... Sorry. :P

Either in crochet; but whenever I can take a flat knitted pattern and work it in the round (lets say for wearables) I do.

I don't mind doing either, although I hate it when the round doesn't lay like it should!

I don't mind working in rows but I LOVE rounds. I always try to find a way to make something that is worked in rows and convert it to rounds.

Julee

Either is fine with me. What I don't like doing are a lot of squares or hexagons! :thumbdown

I like working in rows. I am making the Cathedral Rose right now and its at the point that the rounds seem never ending. I get tired of it and end up setting it aside for long periods of time, so I dont think it will ever get done:eek

I like rounds because usually you're increasing a lot. I like to have the variety of having to count. I don't get that in rows very much. Also I can work with different colors in rounds but I can't get it in rows.

I like rows better, I don't have to count as much :-)

Definitely rows...I find that if I do rounds I get all confused about where you're supposed to "join with a slip stitch." I always end up with more stitches than I'm supposed to have.

I like both, but rows are easier for me. I still sometimes mess up the joining of the round. I also really like the turning of my work at the end of a row for some reason. :D

I don't have a preference really. Regardless of which one I do I always have to count my stitches before starting the next row/round as I"m bad about losing stitches. I think rows might be a little harder for me because I have trouble doing the first/last stitches because I forget how they're supposed to be done by the time I get there.

I prefer rounds, for some reason they go faster than when I do rows

I voted rows, sometimes rounds are a bit tricky, but I do have to admit when I make a small project in rounds (hats, oreos) I am amazed at how quick it is, sometimes I think rounds are somehow quicker than rows

I generally prefer rows. Rounds are okay, just find rows easier :)

Rounds seem easier - I always lose stitches in rows, but you can fake it with rounds much more easily- at least with the toys I make.

I think I like rounds the best...I always mark the beginning of the round with a stitch marker. Rows of sc, I always get goofed up on. I do better with rows of hdc or dc. I always lose that last stitch with sc when I turn..grrrr.

Debbie

I prefer rounds.

When you add a row of say, dc, you increase the length of your piece by, say 3/4 inch (for example). If you do one ROUND, the overall diameter grows by at least and inch, if not an inch and a half.

I prefer to work in round, for some reason this work up much faster than if i work it in rows for me