Which do you prefer working in rounds or rows?

Jempast

Which do you prefer working in rounds, rows?  

167 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer working in rounds, rows?

• Rounds
    • Rows
    • Either one is fine

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like rows better. When working in rounds (like a round ripple) the more rows there are, the further it takes to get thru each row. For some reason, that really gets to me (the never ending row)

Rounds!! I still have to count a lot when I work in rows. :P

As to the seam showing in rounds, yeah... It does. But if you don't count the chain as a stich, and work an extra sc/dc/whatever "over" that chain, it's better... I really didn't explan that well... Sorry. :P

I like rounds because usually you're increasing a lot. I like to have the variety of having to count. I don't get that in rows very much. Also I can work with different colors in rounds but I can't get it in rows.

Definitely rows...I find that if I do rounds I get all confused about where you're supposed to "join with a slip stitch." I always end up with more stitches than I'm supposed to have.

I don't have a preference really. Regardless of which one I do I always have to count my stitches before starting the next row/round as I"m bad about losing stitches. I think rows might be a little harder for me because I have trouble doing the first/last stitches because I forget how they're supposed to be done by the time I get there.

I voted rows, sometimes rounds are a bit tricky, but I do have to admit when I make a small project in rounds (hats, oreos) I am amazed at how quick it is, sometimes I think rounds are somehow quicker than rows

• 2 weeks later...

I prefer rounds.

When you add a row of say, dc, you increase the length of your piece by, say 3/4 inch (for example). If you do one ROUND, the overall diameter grows by at least and inch, if not an inch and a half.

• 1 year later...

Archived