Sweetheart Ripple Afghan CAL

crochetkim

Hi!

I just started the afghan and not sure if I am doing the 5th row correctly. When you start the fptr-sc are you going down 3 rows and not 2 rows (are you actually doing this stitch in the lighter purple - deep plum heather) and when it says to do the fptr-sc twice are you doing it in two different stitches below and when you sk 2 sts and then doing fptr-sc twice again it seems like the doing the 3 sc will be off. After I get how to do this row, I am sure the afghan will go pretty fast. Really like the pattern.

Thanks for your help.

Linda

Linda, I'm sorry I didn't see your message sooner. But, if you are still having problems, you may be able to get all your answers in the video tutorial I did for the stitch:

http://kimguzman.wordpress.com/2009/06/24/crochet-along-sweetheart-ripple-afghan/

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...

believe it or not....I started mine in 2009, and never finished it! I was just browsing through looking for patterns & came across this one again! I really think I would like to complete mine, and would LOVE to have some of you join this CAL, so we can do it together...SO, what do ya say?!?!?!? I'm gonna go pull my bag out & see how much I actually do have done...hope to have some join me!

• 1 month later...

Rippleaddiction, I just started mine, albeit a month later than you asked! Are you still working on it? There's a CAL that started recently for this in Ravelry. Here's a link:

http://www.ravelry.com/discuss/afghans--blankets/1510940/1-25

There have been some helpful comments so far, though no one's posted much since I posted a few times trying to work out my confusion, heh.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
can someone please tell me how many chains to begin the sweetheart ripple i just brought the epattern its says 207 chains but it does not turn out right any help would make my day thank you ritagirl1961@yahoo.com

This is the correct number of starting chains. If you are lacking stitches, it could be because, when you put multiple stitches into a chain, it squeezes the chain together and you miss the next chain, not realizing that it's there. That's the usual culprit.

• 2 months later...
Aww thanks so much! I am having a little bit of trouble with the special stitch though. My hearts and circles are not coming out even. Any advice??

If you're having trouble with placement, there is a really nice photo I posted showing which stitches to skip earlier in this topic. Hope it helps!

The picture kind of helped. I've been wanting to do this blanket since I was pregnant with my son so I'm not giving up until I figure it out. I'm doing a smaller baby blanket by chaining less. :) Thanks so much for all your help and I will post as soon as I figure it out.

• 3 months later...

:crochetingHi Kim- I am determined to get this right! i LOVE this patter, u are awesome!! but i have tried and failed many times on the placement of the modified stitch... i understand how to do the modified stitch but where to put it is my problem . i have read thru all the post on this CAL and cant seem to understand. please help! check out this hot mess that i made...

:hookJGS

post-60973-135897760059_thumb.jpg

:crochetingHi Kim- I am determined to get this right! i LOVE this patter, u are awesome!! but i have tried and failed many times on the placement of the modified stitch... i understand how to do the modified stitch but where to put it is my problem . i have read thru all the post on this CAL and cant seem to understand. please help! check out this hot mess that i made...

:hookJGS

This is not uncommon. You aren't following the diagonal of the ripple.

The stitches are straight down, at the diagonal angle. There will be three skipped stitches where I have circled in this photo. Right now, you have no skipped stitches there. You'll need to move them over.

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa67/crochetkim/3skippedsts.jpg

This is not uncommon. You aren't following the diagonal of the ripple.

The stitches are straight down, at the diagonal angle. There will be three skipped stitches where I have circled in this photo. Right now, you have no skipped stitches there. You'll need to move them over.

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa67/crochetkim/3skippedsts.jpg

Thank you:)... here is the updated heart... the first 2 rows(starting from the left) are the incorrect ones, and hopfully hearts 3 and 4 correct. does it look better?

post-60973-135897760129_thumb.jpg

Thank you:)... here is the updated heart... the first 2 rows(starting from the left) are the incorrect ones, and hopfully hearts 3 and 4 correct. does it look better?

I think you are spot on. Hard to see to the side like that. But, I'm pretty sure it's exactly correct.

I think you are spot on. Hard to see to the side like that. But, I'm pretty sure it's exactly correct.

Thank you... im going to continue a few more swatches before i attempt a blanket...:ty

Thank you... im going to continue a few more swatches before i attempt a blanket...:ty

I'm sure it will work out, but just in case... I wanted to let you know that I'm going to be with limited internet access from Tuesday through Saturday. I may not have it at all. I'm unsure right now. So, if you write, and I don't respond immediately, you'll know why. :)