Sweetheart Ripple Afghan CAL

crochetkim

So I finally started the fptc-sc action (after much frogging) and was curious if it even looks right? Thanks for any input!

I think you need to go a little more diagonal on your post stitches to form the hearts. I believe there should be 3 single crochet at the point instead of 5. Here's a photo of the spot I mean.

practiceSHR.jpg

So, if you move the right post stitches in by one and the left post stitches in by one, you should have the stitches in the right spot. :)

Well I haven't posted in a while, my daughter and grandaughter were visiting from Arizona, so the only time I worked on mine was when we went up to Texas A & M and I maessed up and added extra stitches at the end of a row, I have to go back and find it. I didn't want to rip it all out in the car so I put it away, so now maybe I can find where I messed up. Gosh I hate that :(

Hey all, I am back. Sometimes life can really get to you. Hubby lost his job a while back, and I had to go back to work full time. That doesn't leave a lot of time for crocheting. But, the good news is that hubby found a job and I will be coming home again almost full time, and i have been working again on this wonderful 'ghan. I will post a pic of it in the next day or so. All of the ones I have seen look great! Keep it up!

Call me crazy - but I wasn't quite happy with the way the hearts were turning out on this afghan. I felt that I had the spacing off on the trfp-sc's. One side of the hearts looked a little bigger than the other side, almost like they were lopsided.

P1270003-1.jpg

Even though everyone who saw it thought it looked fine, I wasn't satisfied with the look of it. Is anyone else as fussy as this?

Anyway, I frogged it back to row 4, then started row 5 again. I have it now! I've redone the afghan and I love the way it looks. Now the hearts are all uniform in size and I'm very very happy with it. I can't wait to finish it!

P2060002-1.jpg

I did exactly what you did the first time around but didn't notice that it was wrong until now for whatever reason and I'm half done with it so i'm not frogging it. This one is for me anyway - maybe i'll get it right the next time. =( Now i'm sad.

ok, here is the link to my 'ghan's picture

http://s59.photobucket.com/albums/g285/IamJolyn/crochet/?action=view&current=IMG_0012.jpg

not as far as some got, but hopefull I will finish it with in the next few months.

Does your camera have a video mode? If it does, would you mind doing a little video of what you're doing? I keep having to frog my afghan and while the last video someone else made with their cell phone was REALLY helpful for me, I would love another video.

ETA: your afghan is coming along beautifully!

Does your camera have a video mode? If it does, would you mind doing a little video of what you're doing? I keep having to frog my afghan and while the last video someone else made with their cell phone was REALLY helpful for me, I would love another video.

ETA: your afghan is coming along beautifully!

No, sorry! my camera doesn't have a video mode on it, but my laptop has a built in vid cam in it, my problem tho is time, my hubby is getting ready to leave for basic on April 27th and we are pretty busy getting ready for him to leave (he will be gone 5 months!). I can only promise to try, but it might be a while.

Thanks for the praise on the 'ghan, it was a rough start, but now it comes pretty easy and it is so fun to do. :D

I love this afghan! I just got the pattern and if I ever get my never ending WIPS done I surely want to start one. Good thing I dont have the right yarn now and I am trying to control myself. :)

I started my Sweetheart Ripple on Sunday. Here's a clickable picture of what I've done so far:

th_IMG_4571.jpg

I'm sooo glad there were so many tips posted here at the 'ville. I really needed them! My initial problem was placement of the fptrsc stitches. And now that I"m moving along, it's not hard at all. :yay

Many thanks Kim :hug for designing such a beautiful afghan pattern!

I started my Sweetheart Ripple on Sunday. Here's a clickable picture of what I've done so far:

th_IMG_4571.jpg

I'm sooo glad there were so many tips posted here at the 'ville. I really needed them! My initial problem was placement of the fptrsc stitches. And now that I"m moving along, it's not hard at all. :yay

Many thanks Kim :hug for designing such a beautiful afghan pattern!

Your afghan is beautiful! I am having the same problems you were. I cannot figure out where ot place the fptrsc!

• 2 weeks later...

For anyone wanting to start this crochet-along, I wanted to let you know that I will be providing a video of the modified stitch very soon. I just have to wait until my daughter is available to video me. Since discovering that my digital camera has both limited video ability and even audio, I've been having some fun, to be sure! :)

I just ordered my yarn for this afghan! YIPPEEEE I've decided to make it for the elder that I sponsor so I hope getting started now that I will have to complete in time for the cold weather. I am a little scared of it but what the heck, I can always frog and restart. LOL Now I cant wait for my yarn to get here.

I know these colors are ookie but I was just trying the pattern with what I had scraps of to see if I would be able to do it. I want to make sure I am ready for take off when my yarn comes! LOL. Does this look right? :think

th_041909_17241.jpg

Thanks for the help

• 5 weeks later...
I know these colors are ookie but I was just trying the pattern with what I had scraps of to see if I would be able to do it. I want to make sure I am ready for take off when my yarn comes! LOL. Does this look right? :think

th_041909_17241.jpg

Thanks for the help

Not ookie colors at all - very cheery! Yes, that looks like it.

Great job! :cheer I love how your's came out. I'm sure the bride and groom will absolutely love it with all those hearts!!!

I'm still slowly but surely working on mine. Not quite 1/2 done yet, but it's getting there.

Here is mine on its side: [ATTACH]1650[/ATTACH]

And here is a closeup. I love how it turned out, I hope the bride and groom love it as well! The colors were as the bride requested.

[ATTACH]1651[/ATTACH]

Here is mine on its side: [ATTACH]1650[/ATTACH]

And here is a closeup. I love how it turned out, I hope the bride and groom love it as well! The colors were as the bride requested.

[ATTACH]1651[/ATTACH]

That is so pretty. iIam not sure mine is going to make it to "prezzie. Well I'm not sure my future dil likes "homemade" :sigh

One quick note. If you check your graphics program and click on the [image] menu you should be able to "rotate" your picture 90 deg. counterclockwise/clockwise.