Sweetheart Ripple Afghan CAL

crochetkim

Kim, I agree the variegated hearts turned out great on that one. Sure is fun to see how people are putting their own spin on your original design.

Jeanne

I am like you in that I want my projects to be perfect. My grandmother always told me that if it was worth doing, it was worth doing right. Can't tell you how many times I have frogged things that others thought were fine.

I started the afghan the other night and took me until 1:00am to get my spacing right. Will post a picture when I get it finished. Making it in gold and pumpkin. Sounds a little funny, but is turning out good.

Charlotte

Same with me - it took a few tries for me to visualize the proper placement of those stitches.

I can't wait to see a photo of your gold and pumpkin - sounds wonderful! Maybe a sneak preview???

I was wrapping my first double set of fptr-sc (the ones that slant from right to left) around the wrong stitch on the indicated row below. If you notice the photo below, you will see what amounts to 3 stitches showing on the first half of the heart before the fptr is wrapped, and only 2 stitches showing before the fptr on the other half of the heart. I hope you can see what I am talking about.

What I did was wrap the fptc on the next stitch up, so that both sides of the heart show two stitches before the fptc. See the photo below:

I'm not sure if this is exactly the way Kim intended it to look. Perhaps the hearts should be bigger but I do know that at least they all look uniform.

Hmm, ok...mine seem a little catty-wompus too. I did go back and try to even them up...so I get what you're saying.

Right now I'm making mine into a scarf in red and white. Might frog what I have so far and go back and pay closer attn to the placement of the posts.

Thanks! Alaina

OK...I know I said I had to finish my daughters blanket first...but I couldnt wait...lol. I found the pattern yesterday and had some yarn so I started last night!!! I am so excited to be in a CAL again! On row 2, I'm off to work on it some more. Happy crocheting!

Hello Kim and to others too. I have just joined in and will be going to Barnes & Nobles today to get my magazine. Just can't wait to start this it is just beautiful. Think I will make it for my mother. I just love working with caron simple soft anyway. Is that what you all used to crochet this afghan?

Well I will have to wait until I get mine in the mail. I went looking for the magazine yesterday and had no luck :think. So I am a little sad, but I perked:clap myself up by looking for something else. Not something that will take a lot, because when the magazine comes I want to be ready.

If I wanted to just test the pattern to see if I can do it without a lot of problems, how many would you suggest that I chain in order to make a sample of the pattern?

I would love to see someone's scarf or baby blanket. I would love to make this for a friend having a baby in pink/off white.

If I wanted to just test the pattern to see if I can do it without a lot of problems, how many would you suggest that I chain in order to make a sample of the pattern?

If you think you could try it without the pattern, check out the first post. Kim, the designer, posted how many chains you need to do to make it various sizes.

I counted mine, I'm up to 21 hearts on mine. Getting longer. I really like this pattern too. I would get bored with a basic ripple but having the fptrc-sc in there, makes it more interesting. Plus the double sided look.

Debbi

I am getting it going (slowly with sc) but my hearts are really looking small. In the pics I have seen the 2 rows seem much larger than mine. I was thinking of switching to hdc to get some height... has anyone else seen this in the pattern?

Darski, mine seem small too, I don't usually crochet afghans in single crochet, but this one I had to because it is simple beautiful.

I will be joining in fairly soon, as I'm making this as a wedding gift for a colleague getting married in May. At her request, I'm purchasing shaded neutrals as my "dark" color and will complement it with an off white. I'll know the color combo when I see it.

Hi, I'm new here, and a little late to the CAL, but I just got my copy of the pattern (my mom gives me her CW magazines when she's done with them). As a bonus I found this web site over the weekend. :)

I just finished row 5, so I've gotten through the fp treble stitch with no problems. My trouble so far has just been in having 5 children and counting! LOL I had to redo my row 1 three times because it kept coming out wrong.

It's fun to read of others doing the same pattern. :)

Robynne

mom to 5 (ages 9, 6, 3, 22mos., 7 mos)

Wow, Robbie, with 5 kiddos, how do you find time to crochet? Debbi, I haven't gotten as far for it to be heavy, I'm working on to many things now, crocheting, sewing and machine embroidery, to many birthdays this month and not enough time, I wasn't able to try to add pictures either, my daughter is coming from Arizona in March and she will be able to do it for me.