Sweetheart Ripple Afghan CAL

crochetkim

So how's everyone coming along? I haven't worked on mine because I've been busy, sick or tired after work. I did one of my sampler squares for another afghan when I couldn't sleep (in the middle of the night) because it was easier then pulling out my big sweetheart ripple. I plan to work on this this weekend, hopefully! I know I'll have some time on Sunday.

Debbi

Mine is sitting on the sidelines right now. I have to finish the pants that go with the sweater and hat set I started for my grandson. If I don't finish that soon, he'll be too big to wear them!

I hope to finish the pants Saturday, and pick up again with the Sweetheart ripple on Sunday.

Hmm... I might have to jump in this one a little bit later. I have a cousin in my Xmas exchange that loves hearts and roses, also the colors mauve and maroon...

I think I see this project in my future.... :lol

I have the mag, so I'll just have to get teh yarn when I'm ready!

In the meantime, I'll be here to drool over everyone else's projects!

I started mine today, and I love this pattern! Once you know where to place the long stitches, it's fairly "mindless" stitching. I picked the Caron Rainbow Tones neutrals and an off-white, and I'm pleased with how it's turning out.

Will post pics later this week. How's everyone else's going?

I just got the magazine from a friend at work. Is there a video of the stitch anywhere. I'd like to jump in as soon as I get my yarn this weekend.

Thanks

I don't believe you'll find this stitch in a video tutorial yet. I've not seen it in publications before and came up with it on my own. It may hit the internet at some point, but it's probably too early yet.

It's basically a combination of two stitches together. A front post treble crochet and sort of a decrease stitch. Hopefully you'll be able to work it from the instructions, but if not, the tips I've left in the group will help. :)

I don't believe you'll find this stitch in a video tutorial yet. I've not seen it in publications before and came up with it on my own. It may hit the internet at some point, but it's probably too early yet.

It's basically a combination of two stitches together. A front post treble crochet and sort of a decrease stitch. Hopefully you'll be able to work it from the instructions, but if not, the tips I've left in the group will help. :)

Thanks Kim,

I've been reading all the posts and compiling all the comments/tips into one document to keep along with the pattern for when I get started.

I've been working on mine. I decided to make it a bit longer and so I started another skien of red. I thought I'd be done by now, but that's fine. I love this afghan and it's for me (so far) and I want it to fit me comfortably.

Kim, I did a quick 30 second cell phone video of the stitch as someone else had asked for it and I completely forgot until now. It's not the best, obviously being a cell phone video and me trying to hold it on my lap while trying to crochet, but it's not bad... If you think it's okay to post it in my blog or somehwere, let me know, if not, that's fine.

Debbi

Edited by Debbi-a1

progress to date:

DSC00023.jpg

The friend I'm making this for wanted the hearts to be more subtle, so I thought this was the perfect color combo. The picture doesn't do a whole lot for it - it looks better in person. I hope to make a lot of progress on it this week.

Anyone else still plugging away on theirs?

Narma I love it!

Mine's just about done. I need to do the boarder and weave in ends. Of course I can't remember what the boarder is and I put the magazine away somehwere:blush. I may just wing it with 2 rows of sc on each side (which I think is the boarder but can't remember).

Debbi

Yes, that's it. :hook

Starting on the wrong side, add single crochet to one long side edge, covering up the strands where there were color changes, then turn and single crochet in each single crochet across so that it ends on the right side. Repeat for opposite long side. Then you're all set! :)

Narma I love it!

Mine's just about done. I need to do the boarder and weave in ends. Of course I can't remember what the boarder is and I put the magazine away somehwere:blush. I may just wing it with 2 rows of sc on each side (which I think is the boarder but can't remember).

Debbi

Yes, that's it. :hook

Starting on the wrong side, add single crochet to one long side edge, covering up the strands where there were color changes, then turn and single crochet in each single crochet across so that it ends on the right side. Repeat for opposite long side. Then you're all set! :)

Thank you! :clap.

Now I can finish it in confidence. And then post a pic.

Debbi

I've got a few inches finished, up to my 3rd row of hearts. That's about row 12 or something like that. Didn't figure out how to post a picture yet.

I'm just about done. I just need to weave in ends. It's suppose to snow this afternoon (hasn't started yet) and tonight so tonight will be a perfect time to have the afghan over my lap. Even if it doesn't snow it will be cold so that will still work out. I'll post pics when I'm done of the complete afghan and both sides by themself.

Debbi

I've been working on mine. I decided to make it a bit longer and so I started another skien of red. I thought I'd be done by now, but that's fine. I love this afghan and it's for me (so far) and I want it to fit me comfortably.

Kim, I did a quick 30 second cell phone video of the stitch as someone else had asked for it and I completely forgot until now. It's not the best, obviously being a cell phone video and me trying to hold it on my lap while trying to crochet, but it's not bad... If you think it's okay to post it in my blog or somehwere, let me know, if not, that's fine.

Debbi

Hi,

Did you ever post the video you made of the stitch? I would love to see it.

Thanks.