200 knitted blocks to mix and match Kal

q8_crochet

Gonna start my knitted scarf for March, will be making the pattern up as I go along, I have some really nice yarn I would like to use, just hope I have enough, will not be doing a fringe on this one as I know I won't have enough to do that.

Gonna look at some stitches to use.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I haven't started my squares yet, but hopefully soon. :yes I am trying to finish off some WIP's before started anything new. One of my projects is a knit blanket and the squares look a lot like one of the squares from the book.

th_100_1631.jpg square on its own.

th_100_1635.jpg 4 squares stitched together.

Very pretty, looks like a flower.

i`m planning to finish 2 blocks by this night i`m already nearlly done with the 1st

i`m rewally slow becausei have very tiny time for my handcrafts

maybeafter10days orso me and dh gonna stay at moms place wehere i won`t do any house works and i`ll always have someone to look after my daughter looooool

wendy

i`m too shy to say i`m half way through my first hehehe :lol

but tonight i`ll stay at moms place and gonna make more knitting to see what progress i`ll make this night

i really don`t know how i`m gonna organize the colors of square because each color of a brand with diffrent amount of yarn of each :think

i`ll do the squares first then i`ll think of organizing them :yes

Athba there is no rush with these squares, just take your time. You can do it. :cheer

As soon as I can get this book I will try to join you. I really need to get my knitting skills up to speed.

:hi your welcome to join us once you have your book.

Gonna start my knitted scarf for March, will be making the pattern up as I go along, I have some really nice yarn I would like to use, just hope I have enough, will not be doing a fringe on this one as I know I won't have enough to do that.

Gonna look at some stitches to use.

Have fun making the knitted scarf, cant wait to see what stitches you use.

I haven't started my squares yet, but hopefully soon. :yes I am trying to finish off some WIP's before started anything new. One of my projects is a knit blanket and the squares look a lot like one of the squares from the book.

th_100_1631.jpg square on its own.

th_100_1635.jpg 4 squares stitched together.

Oh I love that square and the four together is just gorgeous. Also that pink is very nice as well. :clap

hello there

wendy

thanks for the sweet words

i really want to be done of this with ur group of LTKA because i`m not doing it so i`m gonna do my afghan from this book

and i`m so in love of this bock blocks

i really don`t know how many yarn i have of each color and how many squares i`ll make of each color but i hope i can finish it maximum in 3 months (looooooooool i`m really dreaming but if i worked hard i`ll do it)

tracy

woooooow lovelly squares really looks like a flower but i really love it

but i have a note

you really should block ur squares or you are gonna reach a point when you join them the finished project won`t lay flat and it will be a really pity for such a great work :no

how did you join them???

i love thesquarewith reversed heart shape

but any idea of a web that has a layot or something that i can use to draw my own square??? i really love a square that i saw in other book that i dont have but the square is plain grounded with 5 colored circles in it and i really want to do one :yes

I tried a pattern with eyelets in the other day, but not happy with it, some of the holes look alot bigger than others do:lol

Think I will chose a different pattern, was thinking about doing one with beads, will have to have a look and see what I have in my collection.

Thank you, Athba. The "flowers" are going to be stitched together in rows of three and three down (so blanket will be 9 flowers). I have stitched the squares together with a tapestry needle. Once I have all the flowers stitched together, I will crochet a sc border all around. :yes

hello

wendy

i`m gonna finish the reverse heart square and i`m gonna make the leaves square (the one that pauline did) i think it`sgonna get done quickly because the square is made of row of K and row of P then attach the leaves

hmmmm better keep knitting

I started another square last night, I usually measure after I have done 6 rows, but got carried away with the pattern and was almost finished when I remeberd to measure and it's too big:( by about 1cm, so Iam gonna have to start again:(

It was the square called "River" I have done it a few times before for a pet blanket and it's real easy which is what I wanted at that time of night.

I will try again later, once I have got some other things sorted out.

hello

i`m really angry

todayi was planing to start a new square because i was 2 rows close to the end of m square so i left the yarn and needles on the bed and dd took the needle out of the square and she was enjoying the pulling the yarn out of the square erggggggggggg

i kept knitting several days and she so simply missed it up :(

i`m gonna start another square today :(

hello

i`m really angry

todayi was planing to start a new square because i was 2 rows close to the end of m square so i left the yarn and needles on the bed and dd took the needle out of the square and she was enjoying the pulling the yarn out of the square erggggggggggg

i kept knitting several days and she so simply missed it up :(

i`m gonna start another square today :(

Sorry to hear about your square misshap, I hate it when you have to re-start a square, knitting takes me ages to do:lol

Hi Athba,

The leaves square is quick isn't it. Sorry to hear DD got hold of your knitting an undid it. My doggie did that to my crochet a few months ago. He ran around the house with it in his mouth and the ball had go stuck on the chair so the stitches all came undone. Had to untangle the house too. lol

Athba sorry your DD got hold of your knitting. Cant wait to see your leaves one. Great idea to attach my green squares with red yarn. Thanks.

Roxy hows the river square going.

Finished the River square and have done soft stripes as well and a garter stitch square as well. Still can't do the bobbles square so gonna choise a bobble square from the 200 crohet blocks book.

Re-started the "River" square and love the way it's turned out, need to choise another pattern from the book to do now:)

Got another square completed, just a simple garter stitch square, off to see what square to do next.

You going great Roxy! Can't wait to see some photos.:clap

I have done another square, took me two hours. I did number 56 Big Heart. I will upload photo tomorrow, its nearly midnight here.

Sounds pretty Wendy. Can we see a photo too please.

I'm thinking of starting one of beaded leaf ones. I've been jumping all over the place lately changing my mind. But I like the look of these.

Some photo's of my completed squares

1st one is a Burgandy garter stitch square and is supposed to have a chain stitch heart in cream.

garterstitchsquare.jpg

Pink ridges square and is supposed to have crosses in the ridges, but I havn't donr them yet:lol

pinksquare.jpg

Pink seed stitch square

seedstitchsquare.jpg

More photo's

Purple stockinette stitch with heart

purpleheartsquare.jpg

Blue little ladders sqaure

littleladders.jpg

Pink/purple reverse stckingette stitch square which needs a cross stitching on

knittedreversestockingstitchsquare.jpg

Archived