q8_crochet

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

pauline

actually i didn`t decide on all of my squares

my goal is to do 63 squares to make a 7×9 afghan

wendy

i`m useing shades of oranges (peach < orange< dark orange< multicolor orange) and i`m useing butter for the edgeing <joining .

and you can say they are a stash to bust :yes

roxy

good for you for finishing a square :cheer

I got my book and I can start :yay now which one to do, I know I made a list but not sure I want to do it that way now. Is everyone using certain colours or making scrappy squares.

:wooDo you know what square you will start with first?

:cheerFinished my double moss stitch square and really happy with the way it has turned out.

Not sure what square I will do next, will post some pictures on Friday.

That's great Roxy. Can't wait to see it.

Athba 63 squares sounds great. Like a sampler

Wendy :yay Off to see what 209 looks like.

Here is Square 173 Waffle Stripes.

Im going to use up my scrap yarn and use the squares to make pillows. Might keep the colors together so say all green ones and all red ones etc.

th_Square173WaffleStripes.jpg

Love your squares, you are making them up real quick, can't wait to see some more.

Ok finally I have done my first square and it didnt take very long to do.

This is pattern 209 Little Waves.

th_Square209LittleWaves.jpg

Im going to use up my scrap yarn and use the squares to make pillows. Might keep the colors together so say all green ones and all red ones etc.

These are terrific, Wendy! I'm still trying to whittle down my knitting ufo's before starting these. I'm hoping to get to them by April.

Wendy, it is beautiful. You are whizzing through the squares. :yes

I think I will be with Sherri and might only start in April if I can't finish off a few things soon. :yes

What do you think about putting a crochet edge around knitted squares?

I was thinking about doing it with some of mine, but not sure if it would look right, using a contrasting colour. Thought it might be easier and neater to join them.

Having problems blocking my sqaures, can't get them to the right size, if I stretch them too much they will look naf, so have bloacked them the best I can, will leave them over night and have a look at them tomorrow.

I have completed another square, used RHSS in plumb pudding and the pattern was a mock rib stitch, happy with the way it turned out.

Need to re-do the crochet border on the sqaures as it's too tight, so gonna use a bigger hook.

Need to find some patterns in the book Iam happy with doing.

wendy

i`m too shy to say i`m half way through my first hehehe :lol

but tonight i`ll stay at moms place and gonna make more knitting to see what progress i`ll make this night

i really don`t know how i`m gonna organize the colors of square because each color of a brand with diffrent amount of yarn of each :think

i`ll do the squares first then i`ll think of organizing them :yes

Archived