200 knitted blocks to mix and match Kal

q8_crochet

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Roxy, when we unpacked our stuff that had been in storage, I almost :faint when I saw all the cardmaking stuff that came out. I had forgotten we were going to make cards. :lol And all the beads that Kyla had collected to make things with. :D

:lol I have 6 plastic boxes full of fabric, ribbon, trimmings that I used when I made 1 1/2th scale clothing and hats, don't know if I will ever get back into that now I have found crochet, it's just not worth it anymore, with the cost of selling them on e-bay and the time it takes to do them.

I have loads of different craft items, at least I will never get board:lol

I've been waiting and waiting - day after day for my book to arrive. I ordered the book the day you put up your first post.

Today I went to check out why I hadn't received my book only to find out they had refunded me the money and didn't ship it because the post office mailed it back to them "damaged"

I am so mad!!!!!! I can't believe they didn't email me and let me know.

Now I gotta start all over and order it again. <whiney voice>

Donna

Roxy, at least when everyone else starts complaining they are bored because it is too expensive to go out, you will have plenty to keep you busy at home. :yes

True, used one of my stockingette squares that was too small and made it into an ipod case, used my knitting bee to make a long icord, just need to finish it off, was thinking about making a flap, will see how it looks once the icord is attached.

Recycling and reusing at it's best, Roxy. :yes Can't wait to see what it looks like, it is a brilliant idea.

It just seems a shame to frog it, its really pretty yarn as well and my fav colours, pink and purple.

I find that knitting bee very relaxing to use, would love to get a bigger one and make a felted bag.

No other knitting done this week, might start another square tomorrow, see how I feel, need to post some parcels and get cat food tomorrow.

Pauline, that is pretty. :yes And your work is very neat. :)

Thanks Tracy. It looks better in the photo then in real life. I know I'm a perfectionist but in this case if you could see stitchs down the right hand side of the heart they are loose compared to the others and it makes the heart look funny. IMO. I bought some pink beads yesterday, I think I might try beading the edge of the heart or the whole heart. ( maybe to many beads) :think

3254398730_02e109ee8c_m.jpg

This is my first heart square. Not happy with the heart in the middle. Think I might try beading it instead.:think

It looks fantastic Pauline, I can see what you mean there by the heart but I think thats just how the pattern is done.

:sigh Not yet, just too much going on. :lol I have some lovely friends who enable me to start all sorts of projects. :devil

I wonder who they might be:devil:lol

What do you call someone who trains an apprentice? :think It is she that is the culprit. :lol She had some backup, though. :wink

:lol we do have lots of fun enabling one another dont we.

3254398730_02e109ee8c_m.jpg

This is my first heart square. Not happy with the heart in the middle. Think I might try beading it instead.:think

I think it looks great, and I just love the colour, great job.

Gonna go and work on my square now, had enough of the pet blanket, it's taking forever to do a row as it's getting big now, will do some more on it tomorrow.

Iam having really big problems with my gauge, can't my squares the size I want them, have tired going up a needle size, adding stitches and using 2 strands of yarn, but nothing is working.

Have wasted the whole afternoon and evening trying to knitt 2 squares and havn't got anything to show for it:angry

Iam having really big problems with my gauge, can't my squares the size I want them, have tired going up a needle size, adding stitches and using 2 strands of yarn, but nothing is working.

Have wasted the whole afternoon and evening trying to knitt 2 squares and havn't got anything to show for it:angry

Roxy sorry to hear you are having so many problems with your squares. Unfortuately I don't have any suggestions either. Hope you figure out what's going on.

Still havn't managed to work out my gauge, will try agian maybe adding on a few more stitches.

One of the squares that was too small (mock rib) I have used to make a cat.

I have made one in grey and it turned out really cute, once I worked out how to increase and do the tail (had to ask my mum:lol) it was pretty easy.

Can see myself making loads of these for gifts.

I really need to get this sorted out as I can't carry on with my throw, the throw is assembled in blocks of 9 squres and I need this square to do the 1st block. I have already used this colour in a garter stitch strip square, so can't really change and I don't really want to wait till I have finished all the squares to see if I have any yarn left over.

ok

i`m back and i`m sure i have time to knit daily <<<hopefully :yes

thanks for beeing here and i`ll make sure to be in here to show what i knit every Friday as it`s our show photos day :clap

wendy

hope ur book is there and you can start knitting with us :hug

I changed the yarn I was using and now have a square the size I needed:cheer

The second square I stated needed a little adjustment, it was 2cm too small so measured my square to see how many stitches I needed and added 6 stitches on, will do a few more rows and measure again to see if I have added enough, otherwise will have to frog it again.

Archived