200 knitted blocks to mix and match Kal

q8_crochet

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes picking them out ourselves is good. Im going to make a birthdate one. I will do all the square numbers of all my relatives birthdays. So here are mine with my birthdate to start with

Me 8

DH 7

Kelly 29

Emma 26

Mum 10

Dad 20

Oma 22

Aunt 24

Sister/ BIL/ Niece 30

Niece 13

BIL 9

SIL 12

Nephew 5

Wow that will keep me busy for a while, havent seen the book so have no clue what those patterns will be like :eek But this way Im not umming and ahhing over what pattern to do next. Seeing as this book goes up to 200 I can do the year everyone was born as well. How great would that be. Ok just need that book to get here soon.

Yes picking them out ourselves is good. Im going to make a birthdate one. I will do all the square numbers of all my relatives birthdays. So here are mine with my birthdate to start with

Me 8

DH 7

Kelly 29

Emma 26

Mum 10

Dad 20

Oma 22

Aunt 24

Sister/ BIL/ Niece 30

Niece 13

BIL 9

SIL 12

Nephew 5

Wow that will keep me busy for a while, havent seen the book so have no clue what those patterns will be like :eek But this way Im not umming and ahhing over what pattern to do next. Seeing as this book goes up to 200 I can do the year everyone was born as well. How great would that be. Ok just need that book to get here soon.

Wendy this is a great idea. I've been procrastinating again and can't make up my mind. What's new!:lol

hello everyone

i`m so sorry i`ve been busy with my finals and gonna travel on sunday i`ll be back on thusday so on next week i`ll work very herd on this one

and thank you all for beeing here with me :hug

Hi Athba,

We'll still be here. Good luck with the finals.

Elanae Great colours. They are large balls of yarn. I've never seen them come that big.

Tracy I still haven't decided. Off to look now.

Athba great to see you, goodluck with the finals and have fun on your trip.

Elenae great colours and wow they are big skeins.

Pauline and Tracy you could do like Im doing and do a birthday one using birthdates or you could do all the even numbers or all the odd numbers. or just put all the numbers in a jar and pick them out that way.

Hi I have had this book for a while now and have made a few squares from it and used them to make a pet blanket.

Will be using it for my shaker style throw as there are loads of pattern repeats, so will pick the numbers from the book that correspond to the orginal square number, as long as they are not too difficult to do.

Iam currently working on a mock rib stitch square in a varigated yarn (pinks, purples, white), I love the look it's giving. When I first looked at the pattern I thought NO WAY! I can't to that, tried a swatch and it was pretty easy, but takes forever to do, just over half way now.

Welcome, Roxy. You are ahead of some of us, I haven't even decided yet on squares or colours. :lol

Iam finally doing the shaker style throw from "The Art of Knitting" magazine :lol, I made the first square when the magazine came out and then I found crochet:clap

I don't like the mustard colour so leaving that one out and using a purple,pink, white vaigated instead.

Have a slight problem with that though, as the yarn is different the squares are coming out a different size and Iam not that good at knitting to work out how to change the pattern to make the squares bigger.

The shaker throw finished at issue 90 and you had to option to cancel the subscription, but I decided to carry on collecting as the "Advanced Throw" is really nice.

I get that magazine, too. I originally started getting it for Kyla, so she could make the throw, but that never happened. :lol I have used a couple of the patterns from the magazine. I made some of the hats for my sister and cousins and I made a couple of the Cool Kids Jumpers for my nephews. The yarn has been used for other things, but I do want to make the throws. Just getting worried about the amount of space the files take up. :lol

I think I have chosen my squares. These are tentative choices. I will be making them not sure how many of each or in what combination yet.

1. Beaded Leaf #84 & Crystal Sparkle #50 combo I think
  2. Scattered Leaves #98
  3. Alternate Beads #105
  4. Reversed Heart #17
  5. Big Heart #56
  6. Beaded Diamond #133

The colours will be white, pink, rasberry, plum and a pink/rasberry verigated. I will show a piccie when I have found where I put all these colours. I think I have enough for starters.

Ok off to start finding the yarn.

Here are the colours I'm thinking of using. I should have enough in my stash without purchasing more. Same with the beads these are the ones I have with a hole large enough to slide onto the yarn. Hopefully one of the two colours will work.

3230234083_998c47e6f6_m.jpg

Here are the colours I'm thinking of using. I should have enough in my stash without purchasing more. Same with the beads these are the ones I have with a hole large enough to slide onto the yarn. Hopefully one of the two colours will work.

Those are beautiful colours, so are you just doing certain squares then. Are they all beaded ones. I havent done beaded knitting although Mum has and made heaps of beaded knitted skirts that went on dolls.

I love the pink yarn, very pretty.

I was looking at some of the square last night that have beads in them and thought I would have a go, but most of my beeds are really small, so will have to have a dig and see if I have some larger ones.

I haven't done beaded knitting either Wendy. Not all my squares are beaded.

Your Mum's doll skirts sound interesting. Love to see some.

Roxy I'm hoping these beads are going to be big enough too. Haven't had chance to try them out yet. Hopefully this weekend. I really don't want to buy more if I can help it.

I have so much stuff already.

I haven't done beaded knitting either Wendy. Not all my squares are beaded.

Your Mum's doll skirts sound interesting. Love to see some.

Roxy I'm hoping these beads are going to be big enough too. Haven't had chance to try them out yet. Hopefully this weekend. I really don't want to buy more if I can help it.

I have so much stuff already.

:rofl I know what you mean I have been sorting out my craft rooms and I can't beleive the amount of stuff I have:lol

Archived