200 knitted blocks to mix and match Kal

q8_crochet

hello ladies

i`m planning to make an afghan from making 63 squares from the book of jan eaton (200 knitted blocks to mix and match)

and the afghan will be 7×9 squares

i`m planning to make 1 square a day untill it`s done

i`m a beginner knitter so i`ll do these squares to improve my knitting

i thought someone may join me to make something out of these blocks

dish cloths, wash cloths, afghans, baby blanckets, throw, hand bag, diaper bag, ...etc

be creative, be positive , hold your needles and start knitteng it really worth it :clap

:cheer

you can find the book in here :

http://www.amazon.com/200-Knitted-Blocks-Traditional-Contemporary/dp/1564775968/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1231615739&sr=8-1

and beleive me you`ll never regret haveing this book :yes

ok halloha :lol

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yaaaaaay :yay

welcome

nop no requirements and no date to end this kal

so pick up your needles and start knitting

what are you gonna do??

please inform me with the yarn, needles size u r useing and the size you`ve got for the square

i`m wondering what needles size i should use to get 8'' or ore square :think

I started a square from this book last night. I working on Scattered Leaves, no 98. I still waiting for my LTK book to arrive so I want to practice.

Thanks for starting this one Athba.

I think what I'm going to do is a few squares with a general size 8 needles and some projects with a verigated Acrylic ww yarn :)

In the end I want to do some pillow covers with a chart pattern but I think im going to do those out of a tunisten stitch instead with crochet :P

still waiting for my LTK book T_T

I have reserved the book from the library. When I get it, I will start. I think I might just be using stash yarn, whatever I find laying around. I am trying to do a few projects with scraps, so I can use them and I won't get bored. :D

I am going to use 4mm needles and all the yarn will be double knit. :knit

LoL

I told beau I was starting more projects and he gave me this "oh no" look :lol

I've been given that look too. When school goes back I'm going to be doomed working on all these projects and home schooling and keeping house clean.:help

I wonder if I can make all DD subjects work with craft in them. :lol

Hi Athba! I have this book and the yarn for an aghan on my list for this year. I just need to finish up a few more smallish knitting projects. Hopefully, they won't take too long. I'll be looking forward to see which blocks everyone chooses.

I just got my book today!

unfortunately, ordering it gave me some.. money problems :cry

but beau helped me out a bit :)

Gonna take tomorrow and after my interview (for yet ANOTHER job...) I'm going to review it and get started. I'm so EXCITED!

That's great Tracy! Is that the one with the leaf pattern in the lower corner? I really like it and am thinking of giving it a go next. ( whenever next is lol)

Elanae Glad to hear you got your book. Don't send yourself broke over it though. We will all be here for a while I think. At least I will be. Just ask Tracy how many wip I have going. lol

:blush Tracy you could the best medicine for me. Your going to guilt me into finishing some of them ( notice I said some not all :lol)by showing everyone my embarassing list. Glad I didn't put the number of each of these in front of the list that's even worst.:help:lol

:blush Tracy you could the best medicine for me. Your going to guilt me into finishing some of them ( notice I said some not all :lol)by showing everyone my embarassing list. Glad I didn't put the number of each of these in front of the list that's even worst.:help:lol

I just want to see pictures of your work. :yes I am going to do a mixed needlework skills course starting next week and hardanger is one of the subjects. :devil Method to my madness. :lol

:bounceOOh! Can you show a piccie Tracy of your squares. I really want to see. :bounce

:yes I will take pictures in the morning, the lighting not very nice in here at night. I am busy with the 11th square, so might have 3 complete squares stitched up by then. 1/3 of the way for the blanket. :woo Maybe I will be finished by the time the knitted squares book gets here. :yes

I just want to see pictures of your work. :yes I am going to do a mixed needlework skills course starting next week and hardanger is one of the subjects. :devil Method to my madness. :lol

:yes I will take pictures in the morning, the lighting not very nice in here at night. I am busy with the 11th square, so might have 3 complete squares stitched up by then. 1/3 of the way for the blanket. :woo Maybe I will be finished by the time the knitted squares book gets here. :yes

The mixed needlework course sounds great! Hardanger is really quiet easy. Just remember to check carefully where to cut before cutting threads.

Oh piccies tomorrow :yay

I post a couple of pictures of some of other crafts later on today if I can.

Archived