Who's from the About.Com forum??

Siena

Hi,

I am also from the about crochet forum. I didn't care for the new forum at about.com and saw a post about this forum. I am joining this one now and I also belong to several at Yahoo.groups as well.

Wendyb532

I go by crochetcook on the yahoo.group forums

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not the Big Wig, I'm just kind of one of a few of us with mysterious magical powers and very little social life besides Crochetville. :wink

As for the attachments, I believe that's another difference from about.com, they did attachments, yes? You can show your photos here, check this post and this one for how-to tips. :D

Hi Julie,

Mine also says can't post attachments but when I try to open the links you give they are not available. Any other suggestions would be appreciated. Dot what about you, can you help?

Thank you,

cARol

Hi Julie,

Mine also says can't post attachments but when I try to open the links you give they are not available. Any other suggestions would be appreciated. Dot what about you, can you help?

Thank you,

cARol

As I mentioned before, nobody can post attachments here, not even pretend big wigs. ;) But, let's try those links again:

How to post photos

Proper image sizes for Crochetville

If those don't work, be sure to read the Tips & FAQs section, that is where they are from. :)

K, then I'm confoozled....if we can't post attachments, then how can we post pics of our crochet projects?

Hoping you can de-confoozle us!

Si

K, then I'm confoozled....if we can't post attachments, then how can we post pics of our crochet projects?

Hoping you can de-confoozle us!

Si

This may be a difference in terminology from about.com to Crochetville. You can post pictures, but they must be hosted at a hosting service such as photobucket.com or your own website that allows hotlinking. A very basic knowledge of coding is required to do that, and reading the links I posted above should help de-confoozle the confoozles. :)

Welcome Si!! I was mia nearly 2 months as I had moved and when I went back to crochet.about I found that it had changed. I still visit ocassionally but crochetville is where I frequent more often :)

HOw have you been? I am just settling in after the move and finding time to crochet again:manyheart!!!

Hugs

Vims

Hi Julie,

Thank you,

cARol

Oh! :eek Not me, I'm puter stoooopid :devil I have to try and fail at least twice every time I post a pic here. :blush but thanks for asking. :hug

VIMS!! I'd wondered what happened to you!!! I didn't know about a move...same city?

In April, I moved (with the Yukon 3 (my cats, for those who don't know :) )) from Whitehorse Yukon down to Calgary Alberta. Basic reason: just wanted more options, but am finding that apart from shopping, there really aren't more. LOL So...trying to get back North within the next 18 months. With differences...now that I'm away from it, I can identify what went wrong and try to make it work better for me next time. (Need to learn to drive, find a doctor, etc.)

So great to hear from you again!

Si

I remember you too, Carol! One of the big problems with these forums is that, for me, I find it hard to find messages for 'me'...responses to my posts. About makes that impossible with the new format, and I don't want to have to scroll 80 times to find something...I only have a 15" monitor, so now I have to scroll SIDEWAYS too!

Ugh!

Si

Hi Si,

Yup moved last week of April from one state to another! Though its still in South India the natives don't speak the same language. I am getting along bu using English and hindi(whatever little I know of it!!)... And now DH says maybe we shouldn't have moved at all (DUH!!!!!)

Well see you around here often then:)

TTFN

Hugs

Vims

I came over here a while ago (thank you Vims for leading me over :) ), before all the changes at About.com. I love it here! I don't care for the changes at About.com at all, which just makes me appreciate this place all the more. One of my favorite parts here is the Show & Tell - it's always flooded with lots of wonderful photos that everyone's made.

I loved the about forum til they changed it. I find it very difficult to navigate now. Have'nt been back there since I saw the changes and tried to figure it out. I like simplicity.

Lisa

Hi Si welcome to crochetville.. I too am from about forum.. I have been here for a while now.. When I saw all the complaints about the changes over there I recommended crochetville in a few posts.. This is a great place to hang out lol..

About the posting of pics. Don't you have to do so many posts before that option is available??

Hi Si!! I have just lurked over here since I went to Dot's blog once and saw that she mentioned this site as a place she also visited. Think I have only posted once last spring and then once today.

I am running Windows XP and I think I read that the About forum doesn't spread out as much in XP. That may be just a story too. I didn't have to scroll sideways to read everything. That would be terribly terribly irriating. You would think the owners of the About site would have stipulated to the designers that they needed to make sure that all computers accepted all programs. I'll still have to go over there to see what is going on.

This has lots of interesting posts. Found a beautiful heart doily pattern here today. I haven't tried posting pictures yet...but it looks doable. I should have my pictures someplace besides my computer anyway. Someday I'll wake up and the hard drive will be shot or something. Then my pictures will have gone poof! So one step at a time....get pictures over to Photobucket and then try to post. I don't have anything to post now anyway. I should make that heart doily! :-)

Glad to see you again! Mary

hi si, i also have been to about.com, and i like this place better than the rest. everyone is so nice and friendly, i don't like the new format at about so i seldom go there anymore glad you joined us here. vicki:hug

I'm another one of those who found about.com first; found out about Crochetville form someone there and ended up here more... Since they have changed thigns over there I have not been around there much as the lightness hurts my eyes and it's a pain to dim my monitor just for one website. Anyway I'll stop rambling: Hello and Welcome Si! (and happy birthday)

I used to frequent the about.com fourm faithfully. There are a really nice set of people over there! Since the switch to the new format I find it difficult to use and thought I would check out this forum. So far there seems to be a great amount of nice people over here too!!

First off, I hope I'm not double-messaging. I just tried to erase a smilie in my message and it looked as if I'd wiped out the whole message. It will take this technodummy awhile to catch on to how to post here.

Although I'm kind of getting used to the format change at "that other forrum," this looked like such a friendly place that I thought I'd stop lurking and start posting. It's so nice to be able to visit here and see the beautiful creations of still more crocheters.

Some of you from over there know me as Crokay; but I got tired of that name and decided to change it to Afghaniac, since afghans are mostly what I crochet, as you can see if you care to visit my website at www.picturetrail.com/crokay .

Archived