Butterflies - Splash of Colour

lacy lucy

My dottie wanted to give her friend a butterfly. When I took one out , she said she wanted one more. When she took it to school, ALL her friends wanted one too. And as if thats not enough, her teacher wants two too.

These are the ones I did manage to complete - I can see myself making many more of them in as many colours as possible.

I had posted pictures of some more that I made a while back - they've all gone on to transform into smiles on delighted young faces . Nothing makes me happier than a child whose face lights up when she gets a gift. It makes all the effort so much worth it. If only adults were as expressive :)

I put glitter of various colours on the wings for that extra bit of magic ( children LOVE glitter )The teacher however wants to give it to a very small child and specifically requested "no glitter". As these butterflies were looking somewhat forlorn , I used crayons (to wonderful effect ) on the wings and antennae.

The pattern is from a hand drawn chart I found somewhere on the net .

Here they are :

butterfliesgalore008.jpg

butterfliesgalore007.jpg

Copyofbutterfliesgalore002.jpg

Thanks for looking !

lucy

Cute. About 15 years ago one of my SILs had this butterfly on her fridge that a co-worker had given to her. I asked her could I borrow it for a day to figure out the pattern, and she said no. Hrumph. I found it later in a scrap projects booklet. Can't remember the name of that book; I have it around here somewhere. Google the term "crochet butterfly magnet" and you'll find several. Crochet Pattern Central actually has 3 different kind of butterflies, and one of them is this kind featured here in this post...or at least very similar.

Those are so beautiful! Do you remember where you found the pattern, or what to search under by any chance? I'd love to make those for my sister and friends :)

The pattern I have is of a hand drawn chart. It has no links or web address on it. It however has a title "borboleta" ( spanish? portugese? ) When I needed the pattern I forgot I had it stored on my computer and made a frantic search for "mariposa" and found similar ones - but not the exact same one ( after I calmed down I realized I had it on my pc ) . I think it could be from some blog , but can't for the life of me remember which one .

The links that the other ladies posted are also of very similar ones and with the picture as a guide you could make an even better model.

And a huge thankyou to everyone for their comments - it feels good to be appreciated by so many talented people :)

lucy

Archived